9 | kinky threats

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

L O N Z O M A T T I A

When I get home it's dead silent. Which I expect for almost two in the morning. After the day I've had with Gabriel, I need to sleep more than ever. My eyelids feel like they've been peeled back and they begin to sting.

I carry myself to sleep, expecting to fall into a coma but I don't. I'm almost too tired to sleep. My mind wandering with a thousand different thoughts on what happened today.

No matter how hard I try to switch it off, I can't. I huff and twist in the sheets until they're coming away at the edges of my bed. Fuck. My chest heaves. I'm so fucking tired and I just want to sleep. Even for a single second.

My phone beeps loudly from beside me, my eyes pinging open at the sound. I know that sound very well. The security alarm for this house. I rush to grab my phone, the screen lighting up the dark room.

I flick my eyes to the time, it's three AM. No one should be trying to get into the house at that time when everyone is already in the house, sleeping. Before I know what I'm doing, I grab my gun and try to scroll through the security app for the footage but it takes far too long to load.

"Cazzo," I curse under my breath and take off the safety latch and climb out of bed.

As I reach the top of the stairs I keep my eyes peeled and my breathing quiet. I don't know who the fuck is trying to break into my house but they're about to die, they're about to see what it's like to cross a boss in their own home.

The door clicks open and suddenly I am raging. How did they make it through the door with such ease? It's locked from outside with only facial recognition to let you in.

My feet pound down the stairs, ignoring the fact I'm in nothing but my boxers at this point. I hold my gun in front of me, aiming towards the door as I reach the bottom step. Only for Alexia to stumble in with her black stilettos and tiny dress, Jace is straight after her telling her to 'shhhh'. I have my gun ready at them, my finger almost on the trigger.

I take a silent breath. I almost pressed it. I almost shot at them.

"What the fuck is going on?" I bark at them and they both jump out of their skin.

Alexia finally turns to me and hiccups, suppressing another laugh. She's drunk. No, she's not drunk. She's fucking wasted. Jace grips her arm to stop her stumbling into the wall with those ridiculous heels.

"I was ready to shoot you both dead," I growl and finally lower my gun.

Jace can barely meet my eyes. He knows he's done wrong, like a dog who can't admit to their own mistakes.

"Ooops," Alexia says with a smile. "I-I guess we were to-too loud. Mission failed."

I watch as Jace sucks in a sharp breath. How he thought he'd get away with this, I'll never know.