Epilogue One

✧✧✧

L O N Z O M A T T I A

One month later

The amount of work I've had to complete over the last week has been excruciating. But totally worth it for what I'm about to pull off. I've given Gabriel the go-ahead to take over as the boss for a few weeks.

I've been waiting to tell Alexia about this surprise for a long time now.

Keeping it a secret has been hard. Especially from her.

She has her up days and her down days. Still coming to terms with what happened with Landon over a month ago. But she's strong, I know she is. I'm helping her do everything at her pace, right by my side.

Alexia deserves this. She deserves a lot more but this is a start.

When she came to my office to express more amazing grades and an honorary mention for a piece of work that has been deemed as exceptional by her professor. I've never been more proud of that woman for persevering and fighting for her goals.

She is truly unstoppable.

The weather has begun to get warmer, the lake is no longer frozen over but I wish to be a million miles away from here. Somewhere where the sea is crystal clear and the sun is beaming.

I find Alexia on the decking outside the kitchen, her bare legs are propped up on the bannister of the patio and she has a book between her hands. She doesn't notice me as I lean onto the door and watch.

A smile creeps up on my face, her dark hair swept up into a high ponytail and her bottom lip between her teeth. The book must be getting good.

"Enjoying that?" I ask.

Alexia jumps, the book flies from her hands and she glances up at me with flushed cheeks. "Jesus," she hisses and then exhales a laugh. "You scared me."

"Sorry, principessa," I say as I push off the door and walk towards her. I lean down and press a kiss to the tip of her head, she watches me. "I need you to go do something."

She flashes me a confused look. "Okay..."

The corners of my lips twitch as I cup the back of her neck, her head falling into my palm. I stare back into those dark brown eyes and I melt. So fucking gorgeous. So fucking mine.

"I want you to go and pack some things into a suitcase."

"Why?"

"Because I said so."

She rolls her eyes and I pinch her nape, her mouth falling open into a gasp. "Where are we going?" She asks after a few moments, slightly breathless.

"That's a surprise," I remove my hand and cross my arms over my chest.

Alexia releases a breath. "Can I ask what exactly I should be packing?"

"Summer clothes," I nod. "Bikinis. Whatever it is you girls wear on vacation."

Those big eyes continue to stare back at me, this time in shock. "Are we–" she cuts herself off to shake her head. "Are we going abroad?"

I hum in response. "Go pack," I tilt my head to her. "We need to leave in two hours."

"Two hours?!"

My lips form a smirk. "Not enough time?"

"Absolutely not," she huffs as she stands and I drop my arms from my chest.