05 | trouble is dripping

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

L O N Z O M A T T I A

The last person I wanted to hear from today was Landon. I don't want to hear from him ever. Not with all the crap that's been going on within my empire, I am seconds away from losing my shit.

"What the fuck did he say?" Gabriel demands as we race to the location that he disclosed moments ago.

I shake my head and grip the steering wheel tighter. "He's ransacked one of our operations, holding them hostage until we get there."

"Shit," Gabriel's voice echoes through the car. "This is fucking bad."

"Landon isn't the sort of person who will leave this situation without a little blood shed," I grit out angrily, taking a sharp left. "When can Jace get us the extra money so we can pay him off for a little while?"

Gabriel digs his work phone out from his pocket. "He said he's been working on it but I'm praying it's soon. We're still not coming any close to who was working with Liam, why he leaked that information."

"Yeah well we've been a little distracted," I spit in his direction, my knuckles turning white from the force of my clench. "Don't you think?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

I refuse to glance over at him because I already know that look on his face. "Your sister," I growl. "She's been distracting you, she's been distracting us. If she wasn't here, this shit would be sorted."

He slams his hand down onto the glove compartment. "She's my fucking blood, I couldn't just leave her. She hasn't been distracting us, you've just decided to be an ass to her. She's willing to leave you alone if you leave her alone."

I suppress a deep grumble but I didn't have the mental capacity to have this conversation. We have bigger things to think about than his sister, one that needs to stay out of her business if she wants to keep her head in my house.

We pull up outside the derelict warehouse, Gabriel lines the belt of his trousers with handguns and I do the same. Hiding them behind my blazer. We give each other one last glance before we step out and we walk towards the warehouse.

I share a glance with Gabriel and we head inside. My eyes find three of my workers on their knees, guns to their head. Fury almost blinds me but I grit my teeth and stare up at Landon who has his hands tucked behind him neatly, back straight and chin high.

Landon might look like a ravishing guy but he's nothing but pure evil.

He's tall, similar build to myself. Dark black tousled hair and midnight eyes, he is covered in scars but the most noticeable, the one across his lips that have healed and now left a thick white line across his mouth and chin.

I don't even want to know the things he's previously endured.

"Lonzo," he flashes me a bright fake smile. "Gabriel, so pleased for you guys to finally make it."