48 | unfortunate timing

✧✧✧

A L E X I A D A L T O N

4 hours before

I finished my university work by ten in the morning. I barely have much to do now that the term is almost up. All of my exams are complete, now I'm just tying up some loose ends with my coursework.

Gabriel hasn't really spoken to me over the last couple days. He's still angry at me.

But I'm angry at him. He shot Lonzo in the fucking shoulder. He knew how much violence, blood and all that trauma would affect me and he still went and did it. I wish he would understand where we are coming from.

His words hurt. He thinks he knows Lonzo because they've been friends for a lot longer than I've been with him, but I know him differently. I doubt he's ever sat down with his boss and had a heart to heart about his past, about how he feels.

They don't have that sort of friendship.

Lonzo said he would prove to Gabriel what I mean to him. Hopefully time will tell because I trust Lonzo. Even though at the start, everything was telling me to run away from this man that I found incredibly intoxicating, I couldn't help myself.

We work so damn well together. That isn't something you take for granted.

That being said, Lonzo has been so busy with work that I've also barely heard from him. We've sent each other a few texts and calls when we can but he seems stressed, no doubt Gabriel is giving him a hard time too.

I hope soon that this all works itself out because I don't want to lose either of them.

And I certainly won't choose. If Gabriel makes me choose, I'd never choose him.

My eyes glance to my phone at the text message I sent Lonzo when I woke up. He hasn't responded and I presume he's either out or dealing with something important because he usually replies.

I can't help but feel like a clingy bitch. But what else am I meant to do?

I'm supposed to stay in the house for my safety. I get that they're busy but that only makes me feel more isolated. Dante would be on my back if I attempted to leave and I'm not going to put Lonzo through that again after what happened before.

It's not worth it.

When I throw my phone down onto the sofa, I huff out a sigh. The only thing that has been keeping me going is talking to Poppy on and off. It's better than talking to no one. I wish we could meet up because I enjoy our girly time together.

It reminds me that I am in fact still human and I haven't got insane.

I stand from the sofa and walk around the kitchen, my legs becoming restless. I glance over at Dante who is in his usual spot, he's watching me only because he's curious about where I'm going and what I'm doing.

My head turns to the window and I glance up at the beautiful baby blue sky, not a cloud to be seen. A flock of birds fly over the trees in my back garden and I wrap my arms over my chest. Some fresh air might do us some good.

I look back to Dante who is already watching me. "May we go for a walk?" I suggest.

A sigh falls from his lips and he peers out the window, pleased to see that it's not chucking it down with rain. "Alright," he gives in easily. "But only around the outskirts of this place. I'm not taking you too far out."

My hands throw up in defence. "I just want to get some fresh air and stretch my legs."

Dante nods. Lonzo didn't say anything about not going for a walk and I know he wouldn't want me to be cooped up here, going out of my damn mind. It's just a walk, twenty minutes at that and then we'll come home and I'll binge some reality show in one night.