03 | attitude

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

L O N Z O M A T T I A

I have had the busiest five days of my life and when I come home all I want is to relax, chill out and be left alone in peace. But ever since Gabriel's sister has come to stay, I can barely keep my shit together.

Gabriel said she would stay out of the way and it would be like she's not here but she is everywhere. She is every-fucking-where and I cannot stand a single second more.

This is my house and now it feels invaded by strangers, whom I despise more than anything on this planet.

Today I had to compromise with an organised group that rely on us for steady income, a group of people I really didn't want to meet up with this soon. The outcome was not what I was expecting but they've given us time to fix what Liam caused. I've already got people on the job because I can't think about this right now, I feel homicidal to release this inner rage.

So when I come home late into the evening and Alexia has her books and notepads stretched across the kitchen table, I almost lose it because I hate mess. I fucking despise mess. That's why this house is constantly spotless. She's treating my place like her own, with absolutely no respect for those she is benefiting on.

I reach the fridge and she doesn't even acknowledge my presence, she ignores me and stares down at her books. Pen scribbling across paper and then she scrolls through her laptop, glasses sitting delicately on her face.

Never in my life have I felt so irked by something that shouldn't matter. But it does. It really fucking does.

Gabriel is nowhere to be seen and knowing that she's here alone makes me even more mad. Like I'm dealing with her residence more than her actual brother, I will not be a babysitter to anyone.

I watch out of the corner of my eye as Alexia pushes her books and belongings even further across the counter. A pencil drops onto the floor and she doesn't bother to retreat it, she continues reading whatever the fuck she's doing.

My teeth grit and I step closer, no longer able to keep this at bay. "Do you have to do this right here?"

Alexia blinks and then finds my gaze, her eyes light up sarcastically and she flashes me a smile that makes me regret talking to her in the first place. "Ah, he speaks."

I ball my fists at my sides and tell myself to not react but knowing she's in my personal space, she has no appreciation for what I've given her. Allowing her to stay and she treats this place like a fucking barn.

My eyes float down to her books and I catch the words astronomy, astrophysics and galaxies. I scrunch my face up at her textbooks, she's studying?

The dumbest thing I've ever seen.

"Why are you studying for a degree that you're never going to use?" My words are harsh. "Idiota." I mumble under my breath.

(Idiota: idiot)