28 | two gunshots

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

L O N Z O M A T T I A

"Boss, boss. I promise. I knew nothing." Trey pleads with his hands tied to the chair.

I cross my arms over my chest bored of the same words I hear when they're begging for their lives. I don't want pleas, I want answers. My steps around him are agonisingly slow and he watches me out of the corner of his eye.

"So you know nothing about what went down with Aaron and Liam?"

"No!" He bellows and I glance up at the two guards behind him who have their hands behind their backs, attention away from us.

I huff out a breath. "You're not really giving me what I want, Trey."

His mouth opens and he groans. "Because I know nothing!"

My phone chimes in my back pocket and I release it to look at the notification. A security message from the house. I furrow my brows and quickly tap on the screen, the app popping up and showing the camera to the outside of my house.

I can feel my blood run cold as I stare back at Jace trying to get into the house but since we got everything changed for extra security, he can't. But I take a breath and remember that Alexia isn't alone at the house. Gabriel is with her. They can handle it.

After a few moments I shove my phone back into my pocket and I glance at Trey who is already studying me carefully. "Why should I believe you?"

"Because I was just a small-time dealer who fell into your empire to make back some money," he breathes heavily. "That is it. I don't care about anything else. Lonzo, you have to believe me."

I stare into his eyes and remember how both Aaron and Liam looked at me when they were guilty of trading off information and lying about it. Either Trey is a good liar or I'm slowly losing my judgement.

A loud noise echoes from outside the room and I glance towards the door, seconds later Gabriel comes tumbling in. Eyes wide with fear.

Why the fuck is he here?

"Jace," he pants like he ran up six flights of stairs. "He's at the house with Alexia."

I glance towards the guards. "Keep him here until I say so."

"Yes, boss."

We exit the room swiftly and I rush to my office in the warehouse to grab my keys. "What the fuck were you thinking leaving her by herself?!" I roar at him as we make our way downstairs, taking two steps at a time.

"It was only an hour. I said an hour. I didn't think anything would happen. I needed to grab some files and then I was going to head straight back home."

I suppress a growl in the back of my throat and I shake my head at him. "I'll meet you at the house," I say before opening my car door and driving off with Gabriel trailing behind me.