06 | tiny junk

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

A L E X I A D A L T O N

I shouldn't be thinking of what I saw last night whilst I lay in bed, but I can't help myself. It's been a while since I've had any action for myself and watching Lonzo go at it last night with an unidentified female had me stuck in a trance.

Those long, hard and powerful thrusts.

The way she whimpered for him. The way he grunted in response.

Lonzo fucked her like she was his possession and part of me shuddered as I watched his broad shoulders tense and relax, slapping of skin echoed across his office. His tattooed body and rock hard abs. I can admit that he is a sight to look at, even if he's the most infuriating and arrogant man I've ever met.

I knew that I shouldn't have been watching but I couldn't help myself.

For a moment I didn't realise that he could probably see me, lingering there, watching. But when I came to my senses, I flew away back to my room and climbed into my bed like nothing just happened.

Now he knows I've watched him pound another woman and I wanted to see it.

I curse myself and force my eyes to shut so that I can sleep and pretend like nothing happened tomorrow morning. Depending on his reaction.

When the morning rolls around, I find myself downstairs with Harriet. She offers to make some breakfast but I tell her I can make my own. I've got nothing better to do and I certainly don't want to be waited on.

Soon Gabriel comes downstairs and fills up a cup of ice water. "What went on last night?" I ask as he rubs a hand into his eyes.

"Don't worry about it, Lex. The less you know the better."

I frown but maybe he's right. When my parents got me involved with their shit, I didn't want to know about it, I just wanted to live in peace. So maybe I do need to keep my nose out of it and pretend that I'm none the wiser.

"Okay, but are things okay?"

Gabriel tenses for a moment as he approaches the fridge. "Yeah. They are."

He's lying. It's so clear when he lies because he pauses, he can't face the music. But I decide not to press, I'm not in the mood for it right now. All I know is that I'm hungry and I've got work to do later.

Then he turns around to the counter, glancing at Harriet who is already making something for him to eat. "Honestly, Lex, it's better if you stay out of it. For the sake of the empire and our work."

I hold my hands up in defence. "I didn't say anything. You guys do what you need to."

Gabriel nods at my answer and perches on the chair beside me. "Jace is coming over later," he says.