07 | a good spanking

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

L O N Z O M A T T I A

"I've got new information," Jace informs me, placing a hand down onto the warehouse table. "And I think you're gonna wanna listen to this."

I peer up from the paperwork on my desk. "Go on," I gesture for him to speak.

"Liam wasn't working alone," he starts and I lean forward in my chair, placing the edges of my elbows onto the edge of the desk. "I've been digging. I've been listening to people on the job and I heard someone mention that they've been approached by an outside gang to leak information of Landon's operations for a big wad of cash."

My eyes mould into frustration. I know that he didn't work alone. "Who?" I bark.

"Aaron."

I flick my eyes across Jace. Aaron. He's been with us for years. A member that I thought I could trust.

"Are you sure?" I lower my voice.

Jace nods and folds his arms across his chest. "One hundred percent," he says. "He wasn't spreading it but he told another member. I couldn't hear what they said in response but by the sounds of things, he could easily do it again if you don't take him out."

I low growl rumbles in my lungs. "Good work, Jace."

"All part of the job, boss," he nods before taking a step back and pulling his phone from his pocket. "I've got to go and meet Gabriel at the next location. All good here?"

"You can go," I dismiss him. "I'll deal with Aaron later."

Jace pauses for a second. I tilt my head slowly. "What are you going to do to him?"

"What he deserves."

He blinks once and then twice. "Fair enough," he rasps. "See you later."

When he leaves I find myself staring down at my laptop with heavy eyes. I have no idea why people have decided to turn on me, on this empire for some stupid pay out. They get more benefits being in this gang than stabbing me in the back.

Especially when they're begging for their lives when they've got the money that they will never be able to spend.

I organise with my guards to bring Aaron to the warehouse instantly, having set up one of the rooms with plastic sheets. That's all I'll need for this and he'll know exactly what line he's crossed when he's tied to a chair, having a conversation with my fist.

"Boss," I hear from above me. My eyes collide with one of my guards, arms neatly tucked in front of him as he stands before me. "He's ready."

When I stand I remove my blazer and slide it onto the back of my leather chair, rolling up the sleeves of my white shirt. I knew I should have worn black today. Now not only will my hands be dirty but it will stain this shirt. One of my favourites.