18 | murderer

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

A L E X I A D A L T O N

It's been a week since Lonzo fucked me with his fingers against the basement floor. I've barely been able to look him in the eye with my brother around. The deep shame of knowing what we did–or rather–what he did to me.

Lonzo acts like everything is fine, of course he does because he doesn't give a single shit about anything that isn't his job or his empire. Me on the other hand, I've been absolutely freaking out about what happened between us because I am furious with myself.

Furious that I gave in so easily. Furious that I actually begged him to let me come.

I might as well drown in heaps of shame because I'll never recover from this.

My training sessions with him since have been tame. I didn't dare try to challenge him and he's not been as harsh with his wording since. A mixture of my attitude and his grumpiness, the world will literally be torn in two–that or we'll end up fucking and ruining everything.

A part of me knows it's only a matter of time before something forces us to clash again, ending up in a steamy night of regret. But something tells me that it will be worth it. If I get a taste, I'll be able to get him out of my bloodstream.

Lonzo and Gabriel have been out all night, dealing with their business as usual.

For some reason I can't sleep. I've tossed and turned so many times that the duvet is half off the floor and the fitted sheet is no longer fitted, it's a mess. I groan and slam my hand down onto the mattress, staring up at the ceiling.

My head twists and I glance at my phone. It's twenty minutes past twelve and I should be asleep considering I woke up at the crack of dawn this morning for absolutely no reason.

I don't know why I can't sleep. I trained with Gabriel, I did my studying. I even went for a run around the house and I fucking hate running. I should be exhausted and yet, my mind decides it wants to wander.

When I glance out the window, I spot the trees in the distance blowing gently. I could do with some fresh air. I swipe my legs from the bed and latch onto my silky dress robe, maybe if I catch the cold it'll make me want to snuggle up in bed and fall asleep.

I leave the room and head downstairs, all the nights are off but I can see the luminous moon shine through the windows on the patio, overlooking the lake.

My fingers twist the key that is sitting in the lock, I take one step outside, my bare foot against the chill of the oak wood. I walk towards the bannister and tug the sleeves of my dressing gown over my palms.

When I glance across the still lake, the darkness swarms it completely. Knowing that I can't see that far into the distance makes everything feel slightly ominous but I remember that I am safe here, even without Lonzo and Gabriel in the house.