33 | open up to me

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

L O N Z O M A T T I A

Alexia has been gone for at least forty minutes and her absence is confusing me. I know women take an awful long time in the shower and the preparation after but what exactly is she preparing for? None of us are going anywhere.

I find myself glancing at the clock one too many times. Her books and laptop are still burning a hole in the chair so I have no idea what she's doing. After a few moments of deciding what to do next, I pluck myself from my desk and exit my office, heading straight for her bedroom.

God knows what she's doing but my curiosity is getting the better of me. Shamelessly.

Her bedroom door is slightly open and I glance inside to find Alexia fully clothed and sitting on the edge of her bed with her phone between her hands. I watch as her eyes flick across the screen, reading a text.

It's obvious that she isn't happy. Her brows are pinched together and her eyes are straining as if she can't believe what she's reading. Even her shoulders seem tense from this angle and I'm shocked that I can read her this well when I'm never interested in other people's body language unless they're lying to me and I need vital information.

I know I shouldn't be invading her privacy right now but I can't seem to stay away.

My hand presses to her bedroom door and it creaks open, I press my shoulder into the hinge of the door and lean. She knows I'm here but she doesn't look up, she doesn't even tell me to leave. She lets it be.

"Everything okay?" I ask as I fold my arms across my chest and study her expression once more.

Alexia lets out a sigh and then closes her eyes for a moment. "Yeah," she rasps. "All good."

We both know she's lying and instead of saying that out loud, I flick my eyes back down to her phone and twist my head. "Who's that?"

Her lip finds its way between her teeth yet again but not for a look of seduction but a look of uncertainty. She doesn't know if she wants to tell me.

I presume we can rule out any secret boyfriend because I'm pretty sure Gabriel would have known and he would have mentioned it at least once, besides she's been stuck in this house for months. That relationship would be doomed.

Then I think it could be Gabriel but if something was wrong, he'd ring her.

There is no way that he knows what we did an hour ago, he's not that fast to put two and two together. Even if I know he's getting a little bit suspicious with the amount that I suddenly care for his sister, but we'll ignore that for now.

Alexia drags her dark eyes to mine and I wait for a response. I'm not going to force her or pressure her into telling me anything, we've never really shared anything about our personal lives to one another.