46 | miss you

✧✧✧

L O N Z O M A T T I A

I've been back at home after Gabriel shot me two days ago. I haven't seen him since, he's been avoiding me. Probably because he will actually shoot me in the head this time if he does.

But enough is enough. We have to talk.

My plan with Zane is coming up soon and I need Gabriel by my side to get my men into position and help out with external clients at the same time. I can't physically do this without him and I realise that I've betrayed his trust by going after his sister.

I knew the risks at the start. I didn't expect to be in this position because I thought fooling around with Alexia would leave me feeling less heavy with all the sexual tension laying around but it went in the opposite direction.

Now I want her more than anything.

The wound on my arm is healing but it still hurts like a bitch. I had to put my arm in a sling to elevate it but I hate the way it looks. My pride burns and not in a good way.

Harriet makes me a late dinner as I sit at the counter in silence, pondering over the next few days. I know Gabriel is in the house but he's still making a conscious effort not to be around me.

I eat my dinner slowly and Harriet dismisses herself.

Alexia is on my mind. I haven't been to see her since the altercation at her house and it's best to stay that way for a little while, try and calm Gabriel as much as I can.

Footsteps echo down the stairs and I glance up to find Gabriel walking towards the kitchen but he avoids my eyesight at all costs. I grunt quietly and watch him out of the corner of my eye as he proceeds to the fridge.

The silence is so loud that it actually vibrates the space with awkwardness.

I glance over my shoulder at him as he slams the fridge with a drink in his hand and walks away.

"Are you not going to talk to me?" I call out to him.

Gabriel stops walking and I stare at his back. For a moment I think he's going to carry on walking but he tilts his head towards me slightly and scowls at the wall. "I have nothing to say to you."

I quirk an eyebrow. "Nothing at all?"

His jaw tenses at my words, clearly irking something inside him. "You fucked my sister, Lonzo."

"Stop saying shit like that," I snap, my voice echoing off the wall.

Gabriel whips his body around to face me, his expression as hard as stone. "And you're trying to tell me it's something more?"

"I was telling you the truth when I said I care about her."

He scoffs loudly. "By care about her, you mean getting your dick nice and wet."

"I don't have to explain anything to you, Gabriel." I grumble in response. "You won't accept it and I realise that now but we're both adults, we both can consent to this. I want her."

Gabriel stares back at me like I'm fucking insane but I don't care. I'm not going to lie about what she is to me, not when I am so deep in with her that all I can think about is protecting her and being with her.

"And how are you going to protect her when she's going to be the new target?"

"She was already a target. You and I both know that."

He exhales a low laugh. "You can't protect her the way you think you can. She is never going to be safe."

I throw my arms up in defeat. "You were the one who told me that she will never be safe, no matter where she goes. With you, with your parents. She will never be able to live a life that is normal, so she might as well do whatever the hell she wants. I want her to be happy."