10 | i saw what you did

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

  A L E X I A  D A L T ON

It's been a hot minute since I've been this hungover. I almost forgot all the side effects that come with drinking. The dry mouth, nausea deep in my stomach, pounding headache. It might have been worth it for having a fun night with Jace but right now... I want to die.

"Fuck," I groan as I roll over in my bed.

I didn't even manage to take my dress off last night. It's now bunched up around my waist, the straps twisted around my throat and my tits nearly popping out of the neckline. I attempt to pull it up, shuffling myself beneath the sheets.

My eyes dart to my bedside table. Fucking great. No water. I've completely self-sabotaged myself. Idiot. I sit up in bed and rub my eyes gently, oh yes and my make-up is still on my face. I hate myself.

I glance down at the black smears across my fingers, no doubt it's all across my skin. I bury my head back into the pillow and drag the sheets across my head, desperate for the drilling inside my skull to go away.

My tongue stings like I've licked a stinging nettle. Just thinking about what I was drinking last night makes me want to run to the bathroom and empty my stomach, but I keep it together. I always feel worse if I vomit after a night out. I'm stronger than this.

The door to my room opens so loudly that I flinch under the sheets. I don't even want to know who it is, I can't deal with a normal conversation right now.

"What the fuck were you thinking, Alexia?" Gabriel growls and I wince.

I take the pillow under my head and place it on top of my face, grunting softly into the material. The sound of his voice makes me want to jump off a cliff, far too loud and too angry for whatever time it is.

When did I even get home? Shit. Maybe I was a lot more drunk than I suspected.

"Not now, Gabriel. Please." My lips press to the pillow, muffling out most of the words.

I hear footsteps and then my pillow is ripped from my head with heavy force, my eyes clamp shut to hide myself from my brother. He is the last person I want to talk to right now–besides Lonzo.

"You're not eighteen anymore," he shouts angrily and I huff out a breath. "And you need to start acting like it. This is not the way mum and dad raised you. Fucking immature, Alexia."

He rarely calls me Alexia and right now he's acting like my father does when he's frustrated at me.

I tighten my jaw and crank my eyes open to find Gabriel standing over my bed, arms folded across his chest and eyes focused and irritated. "So what? I went out one night."

He shakes his head instantly. "You could have put yourself at risk, you could have brought back potential threats to this house. You need to think about these things, Alexia. I know you're smarter than this bullshit."