Chapter 5 - Class Leaders

"I'd like to think I wouldn't go down that easy."

I looked up to face the four imposing students in front of me. I returned their devilish grins with one of my own. There was no way I'd let bullies like these take me down.

The boy with shoulder-length magenta hair lifted his foot to give a swift strike to my face. I dropped his fellow classmate's leg to catch his kick, which was only a few mere centimeters away from hitting my face. I kept my pressure wrapped around his foot as I began to stand up. The boy stumbled back a few steps trying to keep his balance as I got up.

"Oh, looks like we have a cocky one now, don't we?" The boy kept glaring at me as I finally stood up.

I returned his sharp gaze with one of my own, "No. I just know the extent of my abilities. You seem to be the one who is underestimating me."

"At the end of the day, though, this is a 4 versus 1 fight. No matter the extent of your abilities, you're still a high school brat, no one could win."

"I wonder..."

A fist flew at my face from the right, I still had one of my hands occupied,holding down the magenta hair boy. So I brought up my right hand to my face to brace for the impact.

"Stop it! Or do you want me to report this incident to the school?!" The fist coming for my open side stopped, as a voice from behind all the students caught our attention.

The four students in front of me turned around to face the mysterious voice, they blocked my view, so I was still unaware as to who stopped this fight.

"We were just having a friendly fight, no need to contact the school about it, right?" The magenta-haired boy replied to the accusation. "We were just finishing up anyways, so we'll be heading out now."

The group turned to leave the alleyway, but the magenta-haired boy made sure to give me one more devilish grin before he headed out of the alleyway.

I kept my gaze on him till he was near the end of the alley.

A girl with short blue hair appeared at the end of the alley to face the group exiting the alley. "What were you doing Ibuki? Sleeping? You let someone get by, and now I couldn't finish up my plan because of you."

"What the hell? I was not! No one came by. I did my job!"

"Tch. Pathetic. Who's that then?" The boy turned to point back at me.

The girl with blue hair turned to face my direction. I gave her a small wave and smile as soon as she locked eyes with me. "What..? I never saw anyone come by though..." Her face was one of complete shock, then turned into a face of annoyance at knowing I got by her. "Tch, I already hate that guy."

And with that, the group of five turned the corner of the alley that I came from and vanished from sight.

Now it was just me alone in the alley, I turned to look back at the mysterious person who stopped this whole ordeal.

And to my surprise, it was a familiar face.

"Oh, hey, Ichinose!' I called out to her.

"Fukumoto-kun?" Ichinose looked at me with a face of confusion, as she stepped closer to the alleyway. "What were you doing with Ryuuen? Did you get in a fight with him? It looked like there was a brawl going to happen when I walked by, what happened?"

"Woah, woah, woah, your gonna have to calm down and ask one question at a time. I don't think my brain can process that many questions at a time." I replied to her, shaking my hands at her hoping she got the message to slow down.