Chapter 20 - Deserted Island Exam (Finale)

As I stepped onto the luxury cruise ship again, I was greeted by the familiar face of Koenji Rokusuke. Looking as pompous as ever, he sat, tanning on a chair near the pool.

"So, everything went as planned, newboy-kun?"

"I have no idea what you mean, Koenji."

"KOENJI!" Sudo screamed from behind me. "WHAT THE HELL, WERE YOU THINKING RETIRING!?"

"Fufufu, I knew everything was going to be taken care of by my fellow classmates."

"Hell! Does that matter! We lost 30 points because of you! And you obviously look fine."

"My dear, red-hair-kun. I was in a dire situation, my body was not feeling quite right. Besides, is it bad to have faith in my classmates?"

"Tch. But you-"

"Sudo, it's time to give up."

I knew this conversation was going to go nowhere, as Koenji had a multitude of reasons to 'explain' his early retirement.

But from looking at him, you could tell there was nothing wrong at all with Koenji. He looked to be in pristine condition. His retirement was probably to save himself from doing any sort of work during this trip.

Everyone in Class D had now shown up to where we were. Some came to air out their grievances with Koenji, but among the people who showed up was Horikita.

She looked pale and sickly as she joined the group. Probably, what caused her retirement from the exam. But as soon as she joined the group, her presence was made known as everyone flocked to her.

"Su-suzune... are you alright?"

Wow, did I hear that correctly? Sudo was the first to ask her if she was alright, and he used her given name. Bold move.

"I am in recovery now. My retirement was completely my fault as I couldn't maintain my health."

"Don't worry about it!" Sudo gave a big smile and thumbs up in response. Guess Horikita's sickness made her mind a little foggy as she didn't give a remark about Sudo using her given name.

"Also, Sudo-kun, don't wave around my given name so casually."

There it was, her usual cold response. It was an honest try by Sudo, though.

"A-alright..." Sudo replied with a defeated look on his face.

After that exchange, questions and phrases of praise were fired at Horikita from everyone.

"How'd you do it?"

"You're amazing! All while you were sick!"

"Thank you so much, Horikita-san!"

From the sudden ambush by our classmates, you could tell Horikita was flustered and confused by the situation.

"Horikita-san," but once again, Hirata came to the rescue of one of his fellow classmates. "We all wanted to say thank you for the effort you put into the special exam. You were the one to help us win this exam."

"But... I didn't do anyth-,"

"Ayanokouji-kun told me all about it," Hirata continued. "How you figured out the other class leaders and the traitor within our class while being sick."

Horikita's confusion seemed to only grow more as Hirata continued to explain.

"Actually," Kei spoke up from the crowd. "Hirata-kun told me how you went after Ibuki-san in the rain that final day because you found out she was the traitor within our camp. And after being so rude to you before... I'm sorry."