Chapter 6 - Revelations

It had been three weeks since I arrived at Advance Naturing High School.

Nothing significant happened to me during this time. Just plain old school, traditional lessons, quizzes, and the occasional outing with friends. A truly, regular high school life.

But, that was about to change today. It was the 1st of May now. Today was the day the true nature of this school would be revealed to us all. And I don't know if my class will be prepared for that.

The class behavior over these past few weeks has been nothing but terrible.

The "idiot trio" has constantly been nodding off, talking, or going on their phones during lessons. Even at times, not bothering to show up at school.

The rest of the class wasn't much better than them, constantly talking, on their phones, or not paying attention to the lessons.

A few students, like Horikita, Hirata, Kushida, and even Ayanokouji, diligently took notes during the lessons. The students who actually did pay attention were far few, though.

Even during all the disrespectful behavior, Chabashira-sensei never once scolded the class. I didn't know whether she feigned indifference to us or if this was part of a larger plan?

Well, no matter what may happen today, I prepared for the worst in advance.

I had been extremely conservative with my points, only buying the essentials and my own groceries to not have to pay the high prices for meals at the cafeteria.

As of yesterday, I had 84, 187 Private Points in my student account. I finally left my bed, and after getting dressed and having breakfast, I checked my Private Point balance.

"Still the same, huh," I still had 84, 187 Private Points in my account. Considering there was no change after the new month, my class was destined to be in shambles over not getting their 100,000 points.

I know I did well and was part of the few who did participate in class. So why did I not gain any points?

Did the school really think someone like Yamauchi and I were of the same value?

That's absurd.

Well, I guess my theories about this school were somewhat correct. I believe they valued classes as a whole, not individually, and that was linked to Private Point influx. Still, I was curious as to how we were all judged to justify the Private Point income and the criteria we needed to meet to improve our point situation.

There had to be some point system that was forced upon the entire class. Like a "Class Point System", a system to judge the worth of the whole class, which affected Private Points. So it wouldn't matter at the end of the day how well one student did. If the entire class did not demonstrate the same behavior, they wouldn't receive Private Points.

Nevertheless, all these questions would probably be answered at school.

I quickly cleaned my dishes and left for class.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was right.

The class was in shambles.

Not everyone was outright panicking and going ballistic about the glaring news of no private points.

But, there was an intense feeling of worry, anxiety, and anger hanging over our class. A few though were frantically complaining and questioning not having any private points. As anyone would guess, those people were mainly Ike and Yamauchi.

I walked to the far back of the class to my seat. There were still a few minutes until class started, so I thought it would be best to be patient and wait for the news about the Private Point situation instead of worrying.