Chapter 47 - Vengeance

The school announced the following day that Ichinose had followed up on her promise and provided evidence as to how she acquired her points.

They deemed that there was no fraudulent activity and cleared the issue. But they gave no information or reason how Ichinose may have acquired her points.

I was slightly disappointed that we couldn't learn how Ichinose acquired her points or how many she had, but it wasn't an issue to focus on.

Class D's main focus now was the final exam. Which was only three days away.

Hirata, Horikita, and I had poured all our spirits into studying, leading others, and coming up with questions for the final exam.

The school had made quite a few adjustments to some of our questions, which gave us a clear idea as to where we could just barely sit below the line of difficulty without the school interfering.

That gave me confidence in our chances of succeeding.

After all, Ryuuen seemed to have only two goals on his mind for this exam.

To completely destroy Class D and to smoke out the puppeteer within our class.

Both were goals of the highest degree of difficulty.

From what I could gather, due to the vast information and social network, I acquired from my newfound partnership with Kushida. Most of the students of Class C hadn't done much or any studying for this exam.

Which was absurd to me.

Nearly zero Class C students were ever seen at the library preparing for the final, and unless they were only studying in their dorms, I doubt they were well-prepared for the test.

It may have been an order from Ryuuen; because of the possibility of Kushida working with Ryuuen again to take down Horikita, he believed this test would be a cakewalk for them.

"You two doze off too much," said Horikita.

"Oh, sorry," Kiyotaka replied for us both.

The three of us were walking toward the staff room to hand in the final submission for our test questions. Horikita clutched the envelope close to her side, as this one envelope could decide the fate of many students within Class D.

"What are the chances?" Kiyotaka asked.

"I don't exactly know. The school made many adjustments but having completed the hardest portion of this exam, Class D will surely succeed."

Confidence flowed out of Horikita as naturally as her tsundere habits. She did do a solid job but, she can't take all the credit.

"You know, I did most of the work," I humbly added.

"It was an equal effort on all parts-,"

"Yo, Suzune," Ryuuen appeared before us outside the staff room with a bold smile.

"What are the chances?" I glared at Ryuuen.

"Don't be so harsh. I was waiting for you to come. We can hand in our questions... as friends."

"I wouldn't ever willingly be your friend, Ryuuen-kun," Horikita brushed Ryuuen aside as she entered the staff room.

"I hope whatever you did with those defective pieces of garbage in Class D worked. It wouldn't be fun to have a complete victory," Ryuuen taunted as he followed us inside.

"Well, have you been studying Ayanokouji-kun? How has it been going?" Horikita asked.

Dang, she considered him defective garbage. How harsh.