Chapter 36 - Farce

Apparently, Horikita did end up heeding Kiyotaka, Chiaki, and I's advice and took the time to have her ankle checked out at a medical tent.

But knowing Horikita, no matter what advice was given to her, she would strive to fulfill her goals, no matter the cost.

She was headstrong, which at most times benefitted Class D. But it wasn't always necessary, especially at a time like this.

Class D had a numerous amount of dependable people. Hirata, Kiyotaka, Yukimura, Kei, Chiaki, and a few others. This class has a strong foundation. And has hidden gems, such as Sudo, who need the right amount of push to become better.

Even the likes of Kushida, who may only be benefitting the class on the outside, still bring value to the table.

With Class D's capability, there is still much more room to grow if we want to compete with the other classes.

Other classes, such as Class A, were on paper, the strongest class of our year. The ones who had a future in life. While that class may seem the strongest in every aspect. They currently lack unity. A dividing factor of who to follow. Katsuragi or Sakayanagi? But that may not be an issue for long, as Sakayanagi is pulling in all the pawns she needs to control her class.

Then there is Class C. The vile class. Well, more so the main components of the class, like Ryuuen. A class led by a dictator who resorts to underhanded methods to surpass those around him. While this class is the bane of my existence, it is commendable the skill it takes to pull off these dishonest tactics without being punished.

And finally, Class B. The only class at the moment, who seemed to be actually enjoying this festival. A class built upon its unity and companionship. An all-rounder type of class. But one that could be prone to backstabbing or laziness. As they seem to lack the drive to win by any means necessary, as the other classes do.

Next up was the girl's cavalry event.

A simple event where groups of 4 were made to form a small unit. Three individuals would carry one of their members. The member being carried by the others was labeled as the 'jockey'. The ultimate goal was to disband other enemy team formations by ridding them of their headbands which were assigned certain values.

I was very interested in how this event would transpire. Especially with Horikita. How would she react now with the injury? Would Class C be relentless in breaking her down?

The whistle for the match sounded soon after all the units were formed.

And to no surprise. All 4 calvary units made from Class C instantly targeted Horikita after the game started.

She tried her best to fend them off, but alas, Horikita's team was met with a swift defeat.

Not many other Class D participants did well in this event. The only one who managed to steal a headband from someone was Kei, which surprised me, but she too; was greeted by defeat not too long after.

The girl's calvary event was a complete loss for Class D.

The boy's cavalry event started right after the girl's finished.

I was pretty excited to see how this event would play out for us. Most of my fellow classmates were also excited about this event, but a select few seemed more worried about Sudo's rage if they performed poorly rather than focusing on the event.

"Fukumoto, me, Ayanokouji, and Hirata should team up to make the strongest horse!" Sudo barked orders at everyone.

I looked at Kiyotaka and Hirata to see their thoughts on this proposition.