Chapter 60 - Preparation

It seemed like the snow would never cease as I looked out my window on the morning of December twenty-fifth.

A day of celebrations.

People all over the world would be spending it with ones they hold dear to them, lovers, families, and friends.

There were even some fortunate students on this campus who could spend this holiday with their boyfriends or girlfriends.

What is the point of Christmas?

It's essentially like any other day.

Is it about giving gifts to those you know?

Cherishing those around you?

Or being a helping hand to someone you may not know?

The naive childhood enjoyment of this holiday had left my body long ago. To me, it wasn't too special of a day. I understood that it holds significant value in other people's hearts, but it didn't mean much to me.

But I always wondered if someone or something could change that thought of mine.

If I could have someone so significant, so precious to me they could bring that joy and happiness back to my life.

I opened my window slightly, and my body was met with a rush of cold wind. Instantly bringing the temperature in my room down.

It had been eight months since I joined Advanced Nurturing High School.

Time had flown by since I enrolled here, did that mean I was enjoying it? Or was I too focused on other things that I didn't notice as the days rolled past me?

How much had I changed?

Whatever it may be, I intended to do what I wanted while I stayed here.

I quickly checked my clock. It was just past nine am.

"I should probably start getting ready," I muttered to myself.

This day could be significant for my future. It was winter vacation, so I intended to enjoy the time off from school. After all, you could consider today my first date. Maybe. Could I classify it as a date or as an outing between friends?

I have no clue which it could be. But making sure I was presentable was probably in my best interest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(December 23rd)

"I'm so happy we finally have a break from school," I said as I rubbed my neck.

No exams, no special tests to worry about. It was a nice load off the shoulders for the time being.

It was our first official day of winter break. There was a constant light snow that blanketed the world around us.

It was early in the morning, but there were plenty of students who seemed to have the same destination as me.

Keyaki Mall.

The crunch of snow under all our feet was soothing in a way. But I didn't expect this many students to be going out at this time.

I guess everyone was filled with excitement about the break and wanted to have some of their own fun.

Personally, I was heading to the mall to meet up with a friend.

Maya had texted me the previous day asking to meet at Keyaki Mall to discuss some things.

I tried to inquire more about what she wanted to talk about, but she was fairly cryptic and didn't want to broach the main topic till we were in person.