Chapter 58 - Dread

"That was quite the spectacle. Never thought you'd have that much confidence in your skills," said Ryuuen.

"Wait, do you mean that these two turned the table on you?" Ibuki worriedly asked Ryuuen.

"Are you serious, Ibuki?" Kiyotaka spoke up.

"Wha-?"

"Ryuuen has always been one to use violence. Do you think I'd voluntarily allow him to create a situation where he could act out without repercussion?"

"Huh?" Ibuki tilted her head in confusion.

Ryuuen seemed doubtful as well. "What do you even mean by that, Ayanokouji? I set this all up."

Kiyotaka let out a sigh before explaining. "This confrontation here was determined long in advance. I knew that once we reached a stalemate, Ryuuen Kakeru would resort to violence to settle things."

"If I never intended to reveal my identity, I wouldn't have used Manabe during the sports festival. You could easily trace her back to Karuizawa," Kiyotaka continued. "You were convinced of a link between Karuizawa and I. You had Class C students tail my classmates and openly moved against Kouenji. Hoping to put pressure on X. You must have enjoyed yourself greatly."

"Heh. You say some pretty interesting stuff, you know. You purposefully made it look like I had you in the palm of my hand," Ryuuen replied.

"No. You were always dancing in mine."

"You really are clever, Ayanokouji. I never had an advantage to begin with. Now I'm in trouble. What should we do, Ibuki?" Ryuuen said happily.

"What the hell is wrong with all of you?" Ibuki raged.

Something inside Ibuki snapped, seeing her frustration finally spill out. She launched a kick at Kiyotaka. Completely disregarding myself.

Ibuki took a couple steps forward, closing the distance between herself and Kiyotaka, and kicked again, leaving almost no room to dodge.

She seemed to know what she was doing. She would definitely beat Horikita in a fight.

But Kiyotaka seamlessly evaded all her kicks. She stopped her assault for a moment and clicked her tongue in frustration.

"What are you?" Ibuki asked.

"You really don't know?"

"You piss me off. I don't know why, but you always do!"

She leaped at Kiyotaka once more.

Kiyotaka seemingly didn't want to drag out the fight any longer. At his first chance, he grabbed Ibuki by the neck and slammed her into the ground, making sure not to slam her head as it wasn't necessary.

Her eyes widened for a moment before she stopped moving entirely.

Ibuki, Albert, and Ishizaki lay collapsed on the ground. While Karuizawa couldn't even muster a word at the sight.

"Another boring moron who couldn't keep up," I said as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"I've got to admit I never expected this out of any Class D trash. I've clearly underestimated you." Ryuuen clapped with genuine respect as he walked toward us.

"You're not just clever, Ayanokouji, but can deal out violence when needed. And you," Ryuuen looked toward me. "I thought you were some half-baked, ball-less, leader who'd piss himself at any real conflict. But looks like I'll get to toy with you some more later. Do you know what I'd like to say now?"

"Nope," Kiyotaka replied.

"Physical strength alone doesn't determine victory or defeat. You gotta be tough on the inside, too!" Ryuuen yelled at us ecstatically.