Chapter 44 - Proposition

"Fukumoto-kun, will you be alright?" Kushida asked.

"I'm sure the school will handicap the test for you," Hirata said.

"No way they would actually do that," Kei responded.

Most of the class had swarmed to my desk in the back corner of the classroom to voice their concerns about my newfound situation.

"Welp, what can you do. Nice knowing ya," said Yamauchi.

A few individuals near my desk turned to him in complete shock at his statement.

"No way you actually mean that," Mii-chan replied.

"He's a smart guy and all, but no one could pass this final. It's best to say goodbye now."

"You wouldn't abandon a precious classmate so easily, would you, Yamauchi-kun?" Kushida tried pleading with him.

"Eh..." Yamauchi was at a loss for words as one of his 'favorite' classmates shot back at him.

"It's fine, everyone," I said. "Don't worry about me. That's my own concern. Right now, you all need to focus on your studies and passing this final," I said in a reassuring tone.

Most of the class still had worried looks on their faces, but they didn't press any further.

"I'll be holding study groups until the final exam," Horikita said. "If Hirata-kun, Kushida-san, and Fukumoto-kun agree, We'll hold two study sessions per day. For two hours, at 4pm and 8pm. We'll each lead a session."

"I can. And because of my club activities, I'll take charge of the second group, let's do our best," Hirata replied.

"I think it would be best if Kushida and I attended both study sessions. We could help the lead tutor with more specific teaching, as many more students will probably be requesting the help," I suggested.

"That would be much appreciated, Fukumoto-kun," Hirata said.

"Tch, why do club activities have to get in the way," Sudo mumbled under his breath. Obviously frustrated that he couldn't attend the study sessions with his precious Suzune.

"I'll be bothered if you don't try. SO either way, you must give it your best."

"Will do."

"May I speak to you, Horikita-san?" Miyake Akito asked while Haruka remained close by.

"What's the problem?" Horikita asked.

"Wait, are you two partners?" I asked.

"Unfortunately, that's the case," Hasebe replied.

Miyake handed both their quizzes to us. Miyake scored seventy-nine, while Hasebe scored one point. But he also showed us their midterm results. A sixty-five and a sixty-three, with further examination, you could tell they were equally good and bad at the same things.

"I'm sorry to be a burden like this again," Miyake continued. "But I thought bringing this to your attention would help us more."

"This is a conundrum," Horikita muttered.

"I would like to tutor you both privately since I've already tutored Hasebe. But my hands are already full with being a part of two study groups," I added.

"It's fine, Fuky. You've got your own studies to worry about too," Hasebe said.

They both seemed rather defeated at the moment, as they both immediately left the classroom, seeming as the issue likely wouldn't be resolved.

"Fuky?-"

"Don't apologize, you two, I'm sure we can think of something," Hirata said to their walking backs.