Chapter 9 - Midterms

(Ayanokouji, Kiyotaka POV)

There were now only two days left to the midterms.

With all that happened yesterday in the guidance room, there was a lot on my mind that I needed to process.

But, for the time being, I'd push that to the side and focus on my plan to improve our class's chance of success during these midterms.

And to guarantee our success, I'd need someone's help.

Kikyo Kushida.

The angel within Class D.

Adored by all.

She was the key to ensuring the success of my plan.

I had messaged her after school yesterday, saying I needed her assistance at lunch today.

She was constantly bombarded by individuals inviting her for lunch, so I had to make sure I made my lunch reservation with Kushida in advance.

"Ayanokouji-kun?"

It was lunchtime now, and the wonderful Kushida had already approached me.

"What do you need help with?"

"Would you mind accompanying me to the cafeteria?"

"Sure thing!" Kushida responded with a warm smile.

As we both walked out of the classroom and headed toward the cafeteria. I saw glares with the intent to kill aimed at me from my fellow male classmates. Obviously, they were envious that I'd be getting to spend my lunchtime with Kushida.

We arrived at the cafeteria. It was extremely busy today. I hadn't eaten here many times, but every time I did, there were always large lines and tables full of students.

"So, what are we doing?" Kushida asked me.

"Let's get our lunch first."

"Alrighty~"

We both joined the line to get our meal tickets. After waiting a few minutes, Kushida and I arrived at the ticket booth, ready to pay for our meal sets.

I decided to go with a slightly cheaper option as I was concerned about conserving my points.

When we finally got our meal sets and turned to face the cafeteria.

"Where will we sit?"

"I know where."

I had this planned out already.

While we were in line, I watched to see if any upperclassmen had grabbed the free vegetable meal set.

There was one who did, I noticed him sitting near the back of the cafeteria alone, eating his free meal set.

"Follow my lead," I told Kushida.

We arrived at the table where our upperclassman sat. He seemed to be a bit confused as to why two random juniors would sit with him, but nonetheless, I sat beside him, while Kushida sat across from us.

"Hello, senpai," I started putting my plan into action, "that meal kit doesn't look very appealing. Is it good?"

"What do you want?!"

"I'll cut to the chase. We have midterms coming up soon, and I was curious if I could see your previous midterm from your first year?"

"What! Why?"

"Simple. I want to use it as a study guide in preparation for the exams."

"No, I won't do that. Get lost," he responded coldly.