Chapter 8 - A New Goal

(Ayanokouji, Kiyotaka POV)

There were only 3 days left to the coveted midterm exams.

Would our class sink or swim; I didn't really know.

From what I heard, the study groups Hirata had organized a while back were going rather well. The majority of the class was being guided by academically gifted students and had spent an ample amount of time preparing for this test.

As for individuals like Sudo, Ike, and Yamauchi, studying has not gone very well.

Horikita had blackmailed me some time ago with an expensive meal kit to gather these three for a study session.

I had succeeded with the enlistment of Kushida to get all three gathered for a study session after school one day.

But, things did not pan out well.

It wasn't mine or Kushida's fault. The blame would have to be pinned on Horikita.

Her prickly and superior attitude clashed with the likes of Sudo's not to be bossed around mindset.

Needless to say, the studying we did that day was limited to none. We had tried to contact all three to reform the group, but that never happened because of the presence of Horikita.

I don't know whether or not Horikita contacted them individually, to try and tutor them personally or provide them notes.

These three were definitely the least prepared for the upcoming exams and faced the greatest risk of expulsion.

I didn't exactly want to intervene in trying to save these three, but keeping them around may prove beneficial to me further down the line, in keeping a quiet and calm life. So, I had come up with a plan to try and make the chances of their expulsion lower.

We were getting dangerously close to the exam date, so I decided tomorrow would be the best time to put my plan in motion.

It was nearing the end of the day. We currently were on a spare period, that was meant for individual study time. But, even with exams looming close by, some students decided to use this for free time.

"May, Kiyotaka Ayanokouji from Class 1-D, please head to the faculty room. Once again, Kiyotaka Ayanokouji to the faculty room."

A sweet voice came through the intercoms located in the classroom.

Guess I had to head to the faculty room now.

I got up and left my desk without making a noise, but I felt the gazes of all my classmates piercing my back like knives. It wasn't the most comfortable feeling being watched like that, so I hurriedly left the classroom and made my way to the faculty room.

Once I had finally reached the faculty door, I knocked a couple times to see if anyone was there.

The door swung open slowly as a teacher opened the door for me.

"Why hello, there, what can I help you with?"

The teacher had a slim well-endowed body, with long light-brown hair that curled at the end. She wore a pink shirt coupled with a grey skirt and held a clipboard. This was definitely not Chabashira-sensei.

"I believe, Chabashira-sensei called me to the faculty room."

"Oh~ your part of Sae-chan's class?"

Sae-chan? Why would she call her that?

"Do you know why I call her that?" The teacher in front of me continued, "Sae-chan and I go wayyyyyy back, so she calls me Chie-chan, and I call her Sae-chan!"