Chapter 34 - Dirty Tricks

"C'mon! Let's get going already!" Sudo aggressively gathered all the boys in Class D to prepare for the next event. "This is an event we must win!"

"You know, what, Sudo, I may have to purposefully not try during this event," Ike said jokingly to his friend.

But Sudo did not take that joke lightly. I'm pretty sure he didn't even believe that Ike was joking. Sudo stormed up to Ike, grabbing him by the collar and raising Ike up to his height.

"You'll give it your all, alright? The only way I'll be happy with your performance is if you die on the field from exhaustion, got it?"

Ike was shaking before Sudo's deadly presence. This might be a serious threat. Not only toward Ike but to the rest of Class D. Sudo's attitude had grown more rash as this event went on, no doubt because of most of your classmates netting subpar results.

There is definitely an individual working behind the scenes, wishing for our downfall.

Ultimately this may have been my fault. It was my decision, and after consulting with Hirata and Horikita thoroughly, I decided to make Sudo the leader of this festival.

I thought, given his natural skill set and ability, this festival would be the perfect setting for him to smooth over things with our class and truly demonstrate his value for Class D. He is an extremely valuable asset for our class, but I don't think many other people can see past his rough exterior.

While the Class D participants sauntered onto the field. I couldn't help but notice on the opposite of the field the competition for capture the flag.

Firstly there was Class B. Led by Kanzaki, while Class B wasn't the most gifted class when it came to athletics, they excelled in communication and trust, which could easily cover up those grey areas. Also, with Shibata on their side, I assumed he would be a key player in their strategy to win this event.

And next, there was Class C. Which represented a stark contrast to that Class B. Class C, completely ruled by Ryuuen, thrived on their physical abilities. Ryuuen used those abilities at his discretion, not caring if they fell behind in the process. Individuals such as Albert and the nuisances involved in Sudo's case earlier this year, such as Ishizaki, would definitely be a pain. Class D made our way over to our side of the field, where we were met by Class A's Katsuragi.

Katsuragi. The supposed leader of Class A. Recently Kanzaki's standing within the class has been shaky. That fact may cause problems during this event. Especially if most of the boys within Class A did not side with him.

"Katsuragi," I called out. "What should the plan be for this event?"

"Fukumoto, I had the same question. It's best to strategize now before the event starts. Otherwise, we would be scrambling and give the opponents an unnecessary advantage."

"Well, I was thinking it may be best to separate by class. Trust and communication between teammates would go far smoother that way. Of course, if need be, we can switch it up a little, but for now, we should stay separated by class and flip roles each round."

"Agreed," Katsuragi replied. "Class D will go on the offensive first."

Once the flags were set. Each side took their places.

It seemed that Class B would also start the game off by defending their flag. Class C is set up to be the first attackers from the opponent's side.

To keep all participants safe. The school had strictly explained that neither attacking team would interfere with each other. Strictly limiting this battle to a Class B vs. Class D.