Chapter 1 - At The End of the Day

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Featured Lyrics:

(Just listen to the whole song at this point 😆)

Please lay your head here on my shoulder,
The night is young, but we're still getting older
Can you see ourselves in love like this forever?
Or are you afraid that's too much pressure?

At the end of the day, I'm not far away, I'm staying
A face in the crowd and you're not around, it's fading
If you wanted I would never call you
Never think about you, never let you go
But at the end of the day, are we on our way, breaking

Time on my hands, falling like sand
Just take it back if you need an escape plan

Please just see, that you are not alone, you are not alone
I'll never let you go, unless you want me to
Your words could never be criminal, my love's subliminal
Oh, you know, that if it's day or night, if it's day or night
When I look in your eyes, forever sounds alright

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

CW: Depictions of dubious consent.

The sounds of cheers filled the football field as you jumped to your feet. As you held Mikasa's hand you both let out a big squeal, hugging each other and filling the cool autumn air with sounds of celebration. Students all around you began to rush the field in excitement, and you felt Mikasa tug you along.

"C'mon! Let's go see the guys!" she called, leading you into the crowd. You ran behind Mikasa until her eyes make contact with Jean whose hair was sweaty and slicked back. She turned to you with a small smile, yelling over the crowd, "I'll see you in a bit, is that okay?"

You looked past her shoulder to see that Jean had already found her and was making his way over to where you were, brushing past the barrage of shoulder pads and students celebrating. You gave Mikasa a wink, turned her around to face him and yelled over the crowd, "Yeah, of course! I'll see you at the party?"

She nodded gratefully before running into Jean's arms. "Congratulations! You were amazing!" you heard her cheer as he hugged her.

It didn't take you much longer until you saw your best friend waving his long arms in the air, grabbing your attention. He called out your name and you watched as his eyes squint from the big smile beaming on his face. You returned his smile with the same stretch of your lips and ran toward him. "Eren!"

His dark brown hair was sweaty and stuck to the sides of his face. As you got closer to him, he pushed it back in one smooth motion. You swung your arms around his neck as he braced, catching you before you could topple to the ground. He let out a hearty laugh and swung you around in a tight squeeze.