Chapter 8 - Linger

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

I swore, I swore I would be true and honey so did you
So why were you holding her hand? Is that the way we stand?
Were you lying all the time? Was it just a game to you?

But I'm in so deep, you know I'm such a fool for you
You got me wrapped around your finger
Do you have to let it linger?
Do you have to, do you have to, do you have to let it linger?

Oh, I thought the world of you
I thought nothing could go wrong
But I was wrong, I was wrong
If you, if you could get by trying not to lie
Things wouldn't be so confused and I wouldn't feel so used
But you always really knew I just want to be with you

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

On the last weekend before the holiday break, Armin had decided to throw a small party with some friends. His grandfather would be spending two weeks with extended family, leaving the house to himself. There were nights when you found yourself coming over to have time alone with Armin. Many of those nights were spent watching movies, cooking meals together, cuddling, and making out. Armin had always taken it slow with you, but there were times when things came a little close. You were still unsure about your boundaries, but Armin was never the one to push it further.

You smiled as you thought of some of the sleepless nights staying up and getting to know each other better. Armin walked past you with a handful of decorations and smirked. "What are you thinking about?"

"Us," you said, with a glint in your eyes. You were pouring chips into a bowl as you asked, "So, who's coming tonight, anyways?"

Armin was standing on a stool, pinning up the last bits of holiday-themed decorations above the front door. "You know, the usual gang. Mikasa, Jean, Connie, Sasha. I invited Historia and Ymir, but it sounded like they went away for the break.

"Did Eren say if he was stopping by?" you asked, noticing that his name wasn't mentioned. "When I asked him a few days ago, it seemed like he had no idea what I was talking about."

You couldn't see Armin's face when he replied, but you could tell that he had taken a moment to answer. "Oh! Yeah, I reminded him yesterday but since he forgot, he made some other plans with his mom since she's not doing well," he answered, walking back into the kitchen.

Your heart sank, you had no idea that his mom was feeling ill. You felt like a bad friend. It was only recently that you and Eren were on better terms after the Winter Ball. He had returned from his mopey self back to his teasing ways. You didn't want to think too deeply into his confessions of love. After hearing him say it so many times growing up, the words had little meaning to you. On the other hand, you had decided not to tell Armin about the kiss or the things you confessed to each other.