Chapter 34 - Absolutely Zero

Featured Lyrics:(the whole song tbh)

Featured Lyrics:
(the whole song tbh)

You. You were a friend
You were a friend of mine I let you spend the night
You see how it was my fault, of course it was mine

I'm too hard at work
Have you ever heard of anything so absurd ever in your life
I'm sorry for wasting your time

Who am I to say this situation isn't great?
It's my job to make the most of it
Of course I didn't know that it would happen to me
Not that easy

Hey what's that you say?
You're not blaming me for anything that's great
But I don't break that easy, does it fade away?

So that's why I'm apologizing now for telling you I thought that we could make it
I just don't get enough to believe that we've both changed

All along the fault is up for grabs why don't you have it
Well it's for sale go make your offer, I'll sell it for no less than what I bought it for
Pay no more than absolutely zero

Well neither one of us deserves the blame because opportunities moved us away
And it's not an easy thing to learn to play a game that's made for two that's you and me
The rules remain a mystery. See it can be easy

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

You stayed in Eren's home despite the way it tore at your stomach and your heart and your core. You stayed in his room despite every corner reminding you of the cruel reality. You stayed in his bed despite the sheets smelling like an aroma that was infused with the residue of regret and delusion.

The ticking clock was faster than your heartbeat as your body became numb and cold. Your mind had nowhere else to wander as your thoughts became so still, even the echo chamber was quiet. You laid there for what only felt like a few minutes when in reality it was already a few hours since Eren had left. The sun took its sweet time to rise as the hour hand ticked over to 8 AM. Somehow you managed to stay awake but unconscious for three hours.

You could have tried to go back to sleep, but imprinted in the back of your eyelids was the sight of Eren floating above you with softened eyes and kissable lips. It stung to think about how much you had kept yourself open to him. He always spouted fears about what would happen when you eventually left him to live in Marley. It seemed like the door to his heart had closed despite how loudly you knocked.

Eren had taken everything from you. Every precious moment that sparkled like gold in your mind had been tarnished whenever your senses triggered a memory.

Your first kiss, taken by him on a night of selfish desperation when misunderstood and misplaced feelings got in the way. A night of a tearful confession that made you question your loyalty. A night of discovering what it felt to give yourself over for the first time.