Chapter 30 - Ceilings

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

Ceilings, plaster, can't you just make it move faster?
Lovely to be sitting here with you, you're kinda cute
But it's raining harder, my shoes are now full of water
Lovely to be rained on with you, it's kinda cute

But it's so short, then you're driving me home
And I don't wanna leave, but I have to go
You kiss me in your car
And it feels like the start of a movie I've seen before

Bedsheets, no clothes, touch me like nobody else does
Lovely to just lay here with you, you're kinda cute
And I would say all of this, but I don't wanna ruin the moment
Lovely to sit between comfort and chaos

But it's not real, and you don't exist
And I can't recall the last time I was kissed
It hits me in the car
And it feels like the end of a movie I've seen before
Before

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Double Update! - Chapters 29 & 30

Before you fully let yourself out of Eren's arms you wanted to say one more thing. They were just five words that you had never said so plainly to him. You whispered, "I'm going to miss you."

Eren pursed his lips into a sad smile and you felt him release his grip on you. "I already do."

You couldn't help it, if you didn't kiss him now, you might never kiss him again. You closed your eyes, trying to remember the sensation of his lips against yours. It felt different and unreal, almost as if it was forbidden practice.

As your arms loosened around Eren's body, his hands seemed to grip even tighter around you, begging you to stay. He had already driven you home but there was nothing in your right mind that wanted you to leave. The night still felt young, you had stayed up some nights even later with him.

"Do you want to come inside?" you asked, more as a request rather than a question. You kept your eyes closed, worried about his reaction.

By the time you had opened them, you were laying side by side on your bed, reaching up to the ceiling with paint on your fingers. Eren jumped so high you thought he was going to hit his head. With a messy press, the general outline of his hand left their mark on the plaster. You tried your best to jump, but it felt too high.

"You can do it!" he cheered, pumping his paint-covered hand in the air.

Just his simple encouragement was enough to focus all your energy into reaching higher heights. He was always there to push you to your best. You jumped just high enough to press a neat mark on the plaster. With a bright laugh, you fell onto the mattress on your back. Eren flopped next to you, reaching his hands up to admire the new artwork. The ceiling always felt too high. As you laid there at that moment, the ceiling felt dangerously close, threateningly close. The comfort you had felt of being in your childhood bedroom was replaced by threatening suffocation. You wanted to get out.