Chapter 16 - Talk To You

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

Been a pretty long time, been a pretty long time
Since you saw me last, since I saw you last
Wonder if we met today, would it all end up the same?
Would you take me for a ride? Would you toss me to the side?

I wish I could talk to you
Pull my chair right up there next to you
You're in my head more often than I want

Wonder if we met today, would you turn and walk away?
Would you take me for a ride? Would you toss me to the side?
You're in my head more often than I want

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

You felt like you couldn't let go of Eren. He held you with such gentleness whilst being so secure that you couldn't help but feel safe. When you finally let go, you looked up at him and sighed. "It's been a while, hasn't it?"

He chuckled, looking a little tired. "Yeah, it has." He placed a hand on your back and led you back to the group. "Com'n, I'm not the only one here at the party."

You turned to look at your friends who surrounded you with smiles and warmth. They began to sing as Connie moved closer to you, holding a birthday cake with lit candles. You were feeling overwhelmed by the swelling in your chest as you allowed yourself to be healed. You felt Eren's comforting hand on your shoulder as he sang along.

"Make a wish!" Connie cheered, moving the flames closer to your face.

You closed your eyes. There were many things you could wish for. A few weeks ago, you may have thought differently. You enjoyed the simplicity of your life. The relationships you built, the memories you shared, the presence of love. 'I wish all my friends could feel this same love forever.'

When you opened your eyes, you gave a big blow to the eighteen-lit candles to the sounds of clapping and celebration.

"Whaddya wish for?" Jean probed.

"You can't ask her that!" Mikasa interjected by smacking him on the arm. "It won't come true if she says it." Jean began to protest by swooping her up in a sweet kiss. You noticed as the usually shy Mikasa didn't push away and smiled into his embrace. The advice she gave and her comforting friendship was a big change you noticed in her since dating Jean. The floundering blushes and the stuttering hesitations were gone.

You noticed the same changes in Jean. You knew him as a loud, boisterous, yet particular guy. He wasn't known for being too popular outside of his house parties. Since dating Mikasa, you noticed his gentler side, his generosity and above all, his loyalty.

You smiled quietly to yourself as you watched them. It seemed like your wish was already becoming true.

Sasha and Connie came up to you and handed you a gift bag. "This is just something small from all of us, we hope you love it!"