Chapter 37 - all my ghosts

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

You got a Slurpee for free
I caught you lookin' at me in the 7-Eleven
Under fluorescent lights

We walked in comfy silence
Footsteps down familiar sidewalk
Knowing that we were here in our dreams last night

All my ghosts are with me, I know you feel them too
Ridin' shotgun next to your free Slurpee
They know all of my habits, but they don't know about you
I hope that's true

We made sangria and failed
I spilled mac and cheese on my pants
And thought about kissing you underneath kitchen lights
Oh, did you stand there while we were takin' shots of Brandy?
They know all of my habits, but they don't know about you

And all my ghosts were with me, I know you felt them too
Watchin' as I started to get dizzy,
'Cause I hate all my habits but I happen to love you
I hope that's true

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

You stared at yourself in the mirror, looking over the smallest of details of your outfit, hair, and strokes of makeup. It was strange, you hadn't noticed certain speckles or bumps in your skin before. For some reason, knowing that someone was waiting for you in your dorm's living room made you scrutinize every part of yourself. Instinctually, you knew that he wouldn't notice those small details. Truthfully, you hoped that he would.

You remember the simple invitation clearly. Colt's words resonated in your mind when he appeared at the door just moments ago. "Wanna go get some Slurpees with me?"

Even Annie's comments of "Are you serious? It's snowing right now..." didn't deter you. Out of everything that had changed about you, your love for the cold never did.

The dorms had a quiet atmosphere due to the departure of students for the upcoming winter holidays. You were so used to the hustle and bustle of living with hundreds of students that you were starting to miss it. You hadn't made any plans to visit back home. Whether that was on purpose or not was still up for debate.

There wasn't a moment of hesitation for you to accept his invitation. After all, he appeared at your door with that crooked smile. It had only been a quick week of getting to know your new friend. They were just expanded pieces of him that you had already learned from Zeke. He lived close to campus with his parents and his younger brother. He dreamed of travelling the world. And your favourite thing about him that you learned was that he loved karaoke.

You were still shy to share bits of your life with him, but he never seemed to mind, always making sure you were comfortable. Although it had been a long few months of slow, slow healing, you were still hesitant to open those small wounds. You figured that you wouldn't need to bother him with those small details in particular. Instead, you focused on making sure you appeared as highly as he viewed you.