Chapter 49 - Dialling Drunk

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

All their lives I've been searching for the cure
Please, how can I ever heal you
From the pain that you endure?

Why am I unable? Is it because I am the source?
A seed over time can bear a tree
That blocks the light from shining in

I can feel the ground is sinking
I can see you cutting ties, I close my eyes
I try to see the olive branch or the dove
I ask the heavens up above
Hey, why doesn't love conquer everything?
I thought I heard you singing

And all along I guess I knew I'd pay the cost
I was asleep while driving
And when faith is blind, you can't help gettin' lost

I don't know what I was thinking
I tried to let go for just a while
But this feels like exile
It could just be the alcohol and my blood
It's rushing through me like a flood

Dialing drunk to say
"I love you more than anything."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

After what felt like seeing your entire life flash by, your ears felt like they were ringing in the silence of the hotel hallway. You stood in front of the door that boasted the room number you shared with Colt. At the constant shaking of your hand, you resisted opening the door. There was no telling what you would find on the other side. It had truthfully been hours after all.

Although the hum of a distant vending machine and ice maker echoed down the hallway, you could still hear the sounds of the rustling leaves and the creaky tire swing and the shaky breaths coming from Eren's lips. It was hard to tell the difference between stark reality and blissful imagination.

How much were you going to tell Colt? Did he need to know what happened? How soon is too late for you to tell him how you feel?

Endless questions rustled through your mind, creating a wash that numbed the dreaded responsibility that weighed on your shoulders. They gripped at your heart as you gripped the brass doorknob. With a wiggle, you winced at the feeling of the lock firmly in place. Patting your pockets, you realized that you had left behind more than just Colt at the reception hall.

With despondent resignation, you closed your fist and aimed to knock on the door. And before you even had the chance, Colt had swung it open.

Despite his high and tight haircut, he looked like a dishevelled mess. With bags under his eyes, his shirt untucked and unbuttoned, and a loose tie hanging from his neck, he greeted you at the door. "Y/N...glad you're safe."

You sheepishly smiled and stepped past him, shuffling your shoes off quickly to avoid the tense air that was already circling. Standing near the door, you watched him slowly close it, making the inside of the hotel dark. The only source of light was the moon, the only witness to everything that had happened.