Chapter 20 - Pink in the Night

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

I glow pink in the night in my room
I've been blossoming alone over you
And I hear my heart breaking tonight
I
 hear my heart breaking tonight
Do you hear it too?

It's like a summer shower
With every drop of rain singing

"I love you, I love you, I love you
I love you, I love you, I love you
I love you, I love you, I love you"

I could stare at your back all day
And I know I've kissed you before, but
I
 didn't do it right

Can I try again, try again, try again
Try again, and again, and again
And again, and again, and again

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

There were many moments where running away felt like the best option. Where hiding your feelings and thinking things through would come before falling and reacting. Feeling Eren's breath mix with yours, his tear-stained cheeks pressed against the top of your head, his strength overpowering your hug - all of these things made you want to stay in this moment for as long as possible.

The station was quiet, save for the creaking of the floorboards below you.

There wasn't a moment of flustered blushing or a desire to scramble away at your confession. The words you said were the most truthful thing you've said in a long while.

Eren was still and you wanted to know what was racing through his mind.

"I'm so in love with you, Eren," you muttered into the front of his shoulder. The words couldn't feel any more right on your lips. You had said these words before, but this time they were laced with years of unbearable desire and longing.

Eren silently nodded and placed a hand on the back of your head close to keep you close. His hand caressed the back of your head, sending shivers down the nape of your neck. In return, your fingernails traced pathways up and down his back, connecting them like branches on an old tree.

"I knew that..." was the first thing he finally said, the uncertainty dripping off his tongue. Despite it all, it made you laugh, remembering the old saying you used to give each other. His voice was muffled to not create any more space between you two. You could feel the baritone vibrations in his chest resonate into your being.

With one big breath, he leaned back to gaze upon your swollen face and gave you a small smile that said a lifetime of words. Above it all, you wanted to hear him say those words back. You knew how Eren felt about you, he made himself as clear as possible. Words were never permanent, they always floated in the air after a single breath. Eren was the exception to that rule.