Chapter 35 - Supercut

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

In my head, I play a supercut of us
All the magic we gave off
All the love we had and lost
And in my head
The visions never stop
These ribbons wrap me up
But when I reach for you, there's just a supercut

In your car, the radio up
We keep tryin' to talk about us
I'm someone, you may be my love
I'll be your quiet afternoon crush
Be your violent overnight rush
Make you crazy over my touch

But it's just a supercut of us

'Cause in my head (In my head, I do everything right)
When you call (When you call, I'll forgive and not fight)
Because ours are the moments I play in the dark
We were wild and fluorescent
Come home to my heart

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

A/N - Thank you to fudumbass for showing me this song!! It's perfect and made me cry lol

"I'm sorry that we never got to meet up when I was home," you said into the dorm's communal landline phone. It had only been a few days since Thanksgiving and the numbness you felt didn't even give way to any tears. You sat there, hugging your knees to your chest and trying to hear the voice on the other side. People filtered in and out of the common room and you did your best to make the heartache you felt in your chest not too obvious on your face.

"It's okay, Y/N," Mikasa's fuzzy voice comforted you. "Jean and I didn't even end up coming back home. It was just easier for Jean's family to come visit us instead."

You nodded even though you knew she couldn't see you. It had been a while since you heard Mikasa's voice. You were still mourning the loss of one best friend, you were trying the hardest to maintain the other.

You had just recounted the events of your lonely weekend. You told her about wrongfully waiting at the station and for his call. You even told her about the restless night you spent together that left you tired and more alone than ever.

"Even after how hard I tried to keep him," you continued. "He just said that we were over."

Mikasa sighed, "I never thought that you two would ever break up. Not like this."

"He was clearly upset with me, but didn't tell me why. He always does this, he bottles things up and never lets it out until it get's really bad!" You could tell that your voice was rising. "I just don't get it."

You could hear some ruffling on the other side of the line. The sound of a door opening, and the sound of a muffled man's voice. "Oh, sorry, Y/N. Jean just got home."