Chapter 7 - Soft

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

I feel soft around you, I feel soft around you
Comfortable and warm, and far from any harm

Oh, you would swear I lost my mind, the things I do
I know I'm hard to love sometimes, but I'm soft around you

But there's something soft about you
Makes me feel soft around you

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

You woke up the next morning to the bright sun trickling through the window, shining on your face. You were still in your dress, makeup smudged, and hair tangled. You didn't fully open your eyes when you reached over, expecting to feel the lump of a man next to you. Instead, you found an empty space and cold sheets. You felt your head pounding, almost as if you were recovering from a hangover.

'What happened last night...' you thought to yourself, pressing a palm to your temple. Your mind flashed back to seeing Eren crumbling below you, giving you a teary confession. He told you he loved you, but it was different than what you were used to. You pressed your fingers to your lips, still feeling the sensation of Eren's kisses. There were a few ways you thought your first kiss would go. Bawling your eyes out in the bed of your childhood best friend wasn't one of them.

Your heart continued to ache and you wrapped your arms around yourself, trying to feel some comfort. 'It's going to be so awkward now...'

You glanced at the clock that read 7:54 AM. It was early for the weekend but feeling the residue from last night's events on your skin made you desperate to get home and in the shower. You got up and rummaged around for some spare clothes in Eren's closet so that you didn't have to walk home through the snow in your dress.

'Maybe Armin can pick me up, I need to apologize for leaving him last night.' You smiled at the thought of him, hoping that he wouldn't be too upset with you. 'And maybe apologize for kissing Eren.' Although you and Armin weren't officially together, you still felt guilty. You recall the look on his face as he left. It was almost as if he was digging his own grave and he knew it. Armin had been nothing but kind while Eren had been nothing but confusing.

As you changed, you still heard Eren's voice resonating in your ear, "I'm sorry...I love you too much...Can I kiss you?" It left you wondering just what Eren was expecting you to do with his confession. Did he think that you would drop everything for him? A part of you knew that if you weren't careful, that's just what you might've done.

Although your memories of him sent shivers down your spine, you shook the thoughts away and did your best to sneak out of the room. When you opened the door your eyes made purchase on the slumped body that was crumpled on the couch. You had no idea when Eren slipped out, but you still appreciated that he left you the room to yourself.