Chapter 10 - Sparks

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

Did I drive you away?
I know what you'll say,
"Oh, sing one you know."

But I promise you this,
I'll always look out for you.
Yeah, that's what I'll do.

My heart is yours,
It's you that I hold on to,
Yeah that's what I do.

And I know, I was wrong,
But I won't let you down,
Oh, yeah, I will, yes I will.

I saw sparks.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

You threw Eren into your tent to get changed into some of the spare clothing you had. Thankfully you always brought a variety of sizes when camping so your clothes should hopefully fit him. The snow was falling heavier now but you decided to put on a fire to hopefully warm up and get some food going. You tried to stay outwardly calm, but the shock of seeing Eren was still getting to you.

He unzipped the tent and was bundled up in multiple layers with the same blanket from earlier wrapped around his shoulders.

"I hope you were able to find something that fits," you muttered, adding another log to the flames.

Eren shuffled over and plopped himself by the warmth. "Half of the clothes you had were mine anyways."

You turned on the portable gas pot and emptied a can of soup, placed a pot of water on top of the flames, and stood up a pair of hotdogs on sticks by the fire.

Eren didn't speak whilst you got food ready, he just watched you silently. He knew just as well that you were on edge from the events just a few minutes ago. Just a few short moments later, you poured half of the soup into a thermos, steeped a bag of tea, and handed Eren a warm hotdog on a stick. You ate in silence, letting the sounds of the forest falling asleep consume your senses.

You couldn't take the quiet any longer. Although you had enjoyed it for the past week, the answers that you were searching for were right where Eren sat.

"Why are you here?" you asked plainly, trying to gain warmth from the tea in your hands.

"I'm here to see you," was all Eren said. "And to get you to come back home."

"You could've waited a few more days. I was probably going to come back soon anyways."

Eren shook his head, "Armin couldn't wait."

Instinctually, you rolled your eyes and huffed. The walls of peace you had built up were knocked down in a matter of minutes. "Armin has Annie."

"You've got it wrong, it's Annie who has Armin," Eren said, looking at you directly on the other side of the smoke. You couldn't fully comprehend the words he was saying. "He told me what happened so you don't need to relive it."