Chapter 43 - Still Feel It All

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

I've told you so many times before
But you never take it seriously
And I wonder if it will ever change
If you'll ever want to be with me

It's been five years and I still feel it all
Oh It's been five years
Why can't I let you go?

I tell myself I'm over you now
Then I see you and everything just goes to waste
Your eyes, your mouth, not to talk about the way you smell
Keep making me nervous, why do I still feel nervous

And I know that it doesn't make much sense
But you keep making me nervous
I wish you would feel nervous

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

After several runs of the ceremony, you and Colt jumped in the back of Nicolo and Sasha's car to head for dinner. It was only a few walks back and forth across the grass, making you and the others feel ready for the big day tomorrow. You and Sasha had made a bet on whether or not Jean was going to cry, with you in favour of him breaking. Sasha had a bit more faith in his strength.

You looked out the window, watching the convoy of vehicles travel through the suburbs to a more commercial part of town. Driving past old mailboxes that were starting to peel and roof shingles that were coming apart made you realize the relentless drip that time had, even on man-made objects. Even a house wasn't immune to decay.

Colt held your hand in his lap and you could feel his thumb rubbing gentle lines on the back of it. Your mind wandered back to the quick drop of his smile as you walked past him. The way his soft eyes hardened just a bit too soon for you to see it. Colt wasn't an idiot, and you weren't that great at acting. You knew that he could read every expression on your face as you stood by the altar.

You pivoted your vision from out the window to across the back seat. He was also looking out his own window. His hair was short and freshly cut, he had gotten it done just before leaving for the wedding. Light always seemed to catch the dynamic hues in his hazel eyes, making it easy for you to see when his pupils changed sizes. He still wore the same cologne you gifted him at your first anniversary, reminding you how grateful you were that he was there for you all this time.

There was no denying that you still felt the same way you did for five years. Grateful, affectionate, and happy. Those were words that described how being with Colt made you feel.

You wonder how you made him feel.

Four Years Ago

"Happy First Anniversary, Y/N!" Colt announced under your dorm's door frame as he held an abundance of flowers in one hand and a large bottle of wine in the other.

You had admittedly been waiting and pacing for him in the living room, even Annie pointed out your anticipation.

"Finally, you're here," Annie called out from her room. "She's been waiting like a dog."