Chapter 14 - Bloom

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

Don't be surprised when you open your eyes
And you find there's no one to hold
Thought I could stay but I'm just in your way
And this feeling's now getting old

Too young to make our promises made
That I'll go wherever you'd go
Safer to stay and wait for the day
Cause I'll do it better alone

I'd like to stay and make it all okay
But it's just too soon
And it's not me or you

Tell me if it's strange, and I'm maybe deranged
And you think it's a phase but I know that it's not
I met you too soon for anything to bloom

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

CW: Manipulative and abusive behaviours.

You woke up the next morning in a sweat and a heavy arm draped across your chest. Armin was still there laying next to you, breathing heavily. Your mind couldn't let go of the words he said and the faces he made. You felt conflicted and sad, but strangest of all, you felt guilty. Guilty for resisting his generosity, and guilty for mistaking that generosity for kindness all at the same time. Your head was spinning at the duality of your situation.

You couldn't breathe at the weight of his arm and you gingerly moved it off your body. You did your best to slither off the bed in a way that wouldn't wake him. You weren't ready to confront him yet. Thankfully, Armin didn't stir awake and just rolled over.

You walked down the stairs, appreciating the bright sunlight that reached past the windows. When you finally made it to the bottom of the stairs, you immediately noticed the spilt water, broken glass, and wilting roses on the ground. At some point whilst Armin had his lips on yours, he must have pushed you in a way that sent the vase flying. You were both too busy to notice. With a sigh, you didn't waste any time cleaning up. When you looked at some of the roses, you realized that some hadn't fully bloomed yet. Some were still tightly wound in a small buds. It was a waste to throw them away when there was still a chance for them to grow and yet you tossed them in the compost anyway.

You glanced at the clock, shocked to see that it was already 10 AM. You knew that you didn't stay up very late last night, but even at a full night's rest, you felt tired and drained. Maybe it was the lack of food you had in your body. You spent some quiet time cooking eggs and toasting some bread. The morning silence was welcoming for your brain which was consistently spinning.

It was just a few moments of silence before you heard steps down the creaky stairs. Soon enough, those steps were in the kitchen with you. "Y/N? I woke up and you weren't there. I could have made you breakfast."