Chapter 39 - Repeat Until Death

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

Low, a part of me now, a palm to my mouth
I said it, almost

Snow, brother, I'll bet it all gold, shudder with blood in my nose
I had it, almost

Don't go, you're half of me now, but I'm hardly stood proud
I said it, almost

Oh, I've been low, but dammit, I bet it don't show
It was heaven a moment ago
Oh, I had it almost, we had it almost

Oh, I can't seem to let myself leave you
But I can't breathe anymore
Oh, I can't seem to not need to need you
And I can't breathe anymore

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

[DOUBLE UPDATE! - CHAPTERS 39 & 40]

Five Years Ago

"Hey! Happy fourteenth birthday, Eren!"

Rubbing his eyes to the bright spring sun, Eren reluctantly opened the front door to his home. There on his front porch was his best friend who had a fistful of balloons and a cupcake. Without so much as a welcome, he watched as you barged past the door he only opened halfway. It was only the first day of Spring Break. He had made plans to sleep in as much as possible. Unfortunately, you had other plans.

With a deep yawn, eyes barely open, he closed the front door and followed you in. He watched as your fist opened up, releasing each individual balloon across the ceiling.

"Your mom asked me to help decorate for your party tonight. I thought balloons would be a good idea." When your hand was empty of the strings that were attached to the floating orbs, you sat down at the kitchen counter and excitedly waited for Eren to join you. "Hurry, hurry! You have to try this year's cupcake. My mom finally let me bake it this time."

Eren's legs slowly walked to the other side of the kitchen counter, still half-asleep. His energy levels hadn't quite matched up with yours just yet. As your legs rapidly kicked in your seat, he let out a soft chuckle. It was strange. He noticed that ever since you both entered grade eight, there was a new sparkle in your eyes. You stood just a little taller now. Your laugh rang as melodious as bells. He had never seen you in that way before. Whatever your mom was feeding you, he hoped she was bringing it to the party tonight.

"Alright, alright," Eren finally said, grabbing the dark brown dessert that sat on a napkin. It seemed fine, smelled fine, maybe it would taste fine. "So...you're the one who made this?"

You gave him an enthusiastic nod.

"And you used your mom's recipe?"

Another nod.