Chapter 29 - Weights & Measures

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

(This is one of the most heart breaking songs I've ever heard lmao)

You've made your decision, now get up and leave
The familiar sting of the woodcutter's swing to the tree
I'll fall in the forest, to elbows and knees
And it won't make a sound, since there's no-one around here to see

I was prepared to love you and never expect anything of you
Just because we're beasts of blame by nature
Doesn't mean that you should carry it again
It's a question of needs and not rosary beads in the end

I was prepared to love you and never expect anything of you
There's no patron saint of silent restraint
Baby there ain't no sword in our lake
Just a funeral wake

You were the coldest star in the sky,
Only I couldn't see it: I was blind.
And in comes the black night, calling your name since you were born
Only I couldn't hear it: I was empty as a drum.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Double Update! - Chapters 29 & 30

CW: Depictions of character illness.

Eren woke up with his fists balled tightly around his bedsheets. His forehead felt tight, telling him that he had slept with knitted eyebrows and a deep scowl all night. His lips were dry despite the way his sweaty skin stuck to the blanket that was lazily draped over his body. He didn't know why he expected you to be there the next morning. He could have sworn that the place where your head would be on the pillow and the indentation of your curves on the mattress was still warm.

You had made the decision to leave. Or maybe he didn't try hard enough to keep you. Was there anyone who could really be to blame? Was it anyone's fault? Eren wasn't sure if he could answer.

He glanced over to the clock that read 6 AM. After a bit of time, he was getting used to staying up late with you and then waking up early for work. It was a cycle that broke him physically but bolstered his day more than anything else in the world. Now he'd have to figure out what to do with those lonely nights. All his friends were gone, his mother was usually in bed by 8 PM, and his car was barely in working condition. New routines, new normal, those were all things he'd have to sort out on his own, he was used to that. Eren threw his head back and laid a heavy forearm across his eyes. The pressure felt nice, reliving the swelling from how much he had cried last night.

His mother's appointment was at 8 AM, giving him just enough time to complete his daily morning routine that had been established a few months ago. At least that was the one constant that he still had in life.

The first on his list was getting out of bed, putting on a shirt, and brushing his hair. That was the bare minimum. Eren stared at himself in the mirror, his long hair was getting almost unmanageable. He hadn't cared much about his appearance but the way you stared into his green eyes made him want to show them off to you even more. Now there were even fewer reasons for him to take care of himself.