Chapter 6 - What If I Love You

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

(Honestly, just listen to the whole song. It's just too good. XD)

They say it's once in a lifetime
You only get one, so guess that I'm done for life
And you're doin' just fine
I knew that you would, I bet she looks good tonight, yeah

Everybody knows you in the city, every street is bringing back a memory
Wish I'd run into you accidentally, still looking for your car, just kill me

By now I should be OK, that's easy for you to say
What if I loved you? What if I loved you way too much?

They say it's once in a lifetime
But does it really count if you were like, "Nevermind"
And I'm being too nice
Dropping it all just to see you tonight?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

You watched as Armin tapped a light hand on the steering wheel, humming to the sounds of the music that played in his car. The streetlights danced as you passed by each one. You were on your way to the Senior Winter Ball with a smile on your face and one of the most adorable men you've ever met.

Armin had taken you out on a few dates since asking you to the dance. The first was at a museum downtown where you learnt about his love of geology and the study of unique landforms. Another was to a quiet bookstore where you spent the day picking out recommendations for each other. Your favourite so far had to be to a board game cafe where you saw his competitive and passionate side come out. You had to admit, Eren was right, he did make you happy.

"Hey," you began, turning to Armin with a cheesy smile. "I just wanted to thank you for that book you lent me the other day."

Armin kept his eyes on the road but you watched as he returned your smile. "I'm glad you enjoyed it. I knew you would love it. You know, at Marley U they have a course all about geology and its history. We should take it together when we're there next year!"

You grew excited at Armin's suggestion, the idea of having someone you knew at a new school was comforting. Your dreams of staying by Eren's side at university were growing thin. It seemed like the more you mentioned it to him these days, the less thrilled he was with you.

"I think that would be fun. I have a good feeling about us," you said as you looked up in a daydream of your future.

Armin didn't hide his pleased look as he pulled into the school parking lot. You could see the lights flashing from inside the building. Flocks of students waddled up the steps, trying not to trip on their heels as they walked on the icy ground. The sound of deep thumping bass echoed into your ears even though you were still sitting in the car.