Chapter 5 - You Seemed So Happy

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

Sometimes I start believing in things that aren't real
And my friend likes to deceive me in the way that I feel but

Sometimes I start concealing
The way that I work in my head

Oh you seemed so happy to everybody you knew
These things don't happen to anybody like you

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Weeks went by as the first half of the school year rolled on. Midterms and group projects piled up, but your determination for acceptance into your first choice of university propelled you forward. Eren's determination straggled along behind him. The school's Senior Winter Ball was coming up and much of the energy for students revolved around that. You usually spent those nights dancing with Mikasa or Sasha but this year was different.

You recalled the conversation with Mikasa where she shyly told you her new plans. "I'm sorry, Y/N. I know we usually go together but Jean asked me in the most amazing way and I feel really bad-"

"Don't worry about it," you said, over the phone. "You'll look amazing together."

You pulled the phone away from your ear at the sound of Mikasa's celebration.

You even turned to Sasha who rubbed the back of her head, feeling awkward. "Yeah, I'm going with Connie this year. Sorry, Y/N."

"Are you two dating now?" you asked her, curious as to how this came about. "I thought that you two were strictly friends?"

Sasha snorted and you could see a small blush spreading across her cheeks. "Yeah, well he said that we were too good together to not date so...he just asked me and I said yes!"

You nodded, unsure of what to do at this point. Perhaps Eren didn't have any plans to go, these events usually didn't interest him.

Sascha placed a hand on your shoulder, "What about Eren?" she asked, practically speaking your mind. "You two are inseparable. I'm surprised nothing has happened between you two yet."

You pursed your lips into a tight smile and shook your head. It was a thought that was inconceivable. "No, Eren usually stays home for these things. Not even the idea of going with me will get him to come."

You noticed Sascha's suspicious look as she shrugs and walks with you the rest of the way to class.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Thanks to successful treatment and the improvement of Carla's health, she had been permitted to come home at the end of November. After she had settled back in, the Ladies Book Club held a small Christmas party at the Jaeger home to celebrate.