Chapter 38 - Oh Love

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

I don't miss you anymore, but sometimes
I wonder if you think of me
I am prone to being forgotten
I have learned that I am relatively easy to leave

And I don't care that you lied
It was nice to need you like a drug
And I don't want to turn back time anymore
But I do miss when I thought that I was loved

I do miss the thought of being in love, oh love

I don't miss you anymore, but sometimes
I wonder if it's you I'll keep
I am prone to being forgotten
I have learned that love is always out of reach

And I don't care that you hide
It was nice to have something to find
And I don't want to change your mind anymore
But I do miss when you took up all my time

I do miss the love I could leave behind

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Cotton t-shirt, faded denim, goosebumps. That's what your mind latched onto as he pressed his hands down on your hips that caged him against the couch's backrest.

Sweet lotion, artificial cheese, fighting tongues. Every  inhale you took was imbued with subtle hints of him as you only took breaks to sigh.

Sangria, brandy, lips. A sensation that only you could experience as he stole bits of your soul from the aching of your mouth.

Ruffling clothes, crying moans, mixed breaths. There wasn't enough time in the world for your ears to grow accustomed to the subtle symphony that was created.

Darkness, light, everything, nothing. Blurred lines and an explosion of colour replaced the fog that faded your vision to the blank canvas that was before you.

Your emotions, your thoughts, your precious senses that were so personal to you never felt this new or this deeply claimed by another.

"Colt..." you whispered so desperately it sounded more like a plea.

If there was anything you had learned about this man in the few months you had gotten to know him, he was never at a loss for words. But as you hung above him, leaning your whole weight onto him, kissing his own name into his lips, he sat there with an overflowing bucket of you and still asked for more.

For once in your life you shared a kiss that felt anything but heartbreaking. Emotions that were so pure there wasn't any room for apologies. Love that felt so easy, you wondered if love was always supposed to feel this way.

Your walls had crumbled so drastically that all that was left was a pile of sand that blew away in the wind with little resistance. On the other side of the dust was Colt, digging you out and pulling you towards him. He let you sneak your hands up the front of his shirt, feeling his smooth skin for the first time. You let him drive the back of your shirt up the small of your back so  his fingertips could tickle against the soft, baby-like hair.