Chapter 23 - Ode To A Conversation Stuck in Your Throat [M]

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

I do not want to fight this anymore
I just want to lay back
And watch you pin me to the bed

I used to call you my best friend
Way back before you were my everything
Now I'm sucking your neck

And it hits me, I don't want anybody else touching you like I do
Like I do, like me
Is it okay? That I don't want anybody else touching you like I do
Like I do, like me

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

[M] - Mature Chapter!

You sat across from Mikasa in your bedroom as she helped you with your makeup. It was Jean's birthday and your first time going to a club. The guest list was exclusive to those in your group of friends that had already turned that fateful age of eighteen. You felt excited about the blinding lights and the thumping music.

Mikasa had flipped through your CD collection and slid in just the right album to get you in a dancing mood. You sang along to the lyrics as she brushed blush along your cheeks and swiped thick lipgloss across your cupid's bow. When the final touches were made, she grabbed your hands and jumped around the room. You had been passing a flask back and forth all evening, hoping it would help both of you loosen up. Despite the nervousness in the pit of your stomach, you couldn't wait to see if the club was just like all the movies and books you'd read. Being surrounded by tons of people wasn't exactly your strongest suit, but there was something different about all those other times. This time, you weren't going to let Eren out of your sight.

When the song finally concluded, you laughed with Mikasa who was panting alongside you. "We shouldn't dance too much or else we won't last long at the club."

"You're right." You glanced over to the clock on the wall that read 10 pm. "I think Eren just got off work so he said he'd meet us there."

Mikasa rolled her eyes, "Seriously? He couldn't get the night off?"

You sheepishly smiled, grabbing a small leather purse with a gold chain. "I guess he really needs the money right, I'm not sure." You gave yourself one last look in the mirror. Mikasa always had a better hand with makeup than you did. She had painted a confident glow on your skin and eyes and you felt yourself beaming. The dress you picked out was buried in the back of your closet. You hadn't worn it in a few years so the fabric stretched slightly as the spaghetti straps did their best to restrain your breasts. Clearly, the pair had grown since the last time you wore it.

Mikasa stood behind you and smiled, "It's too bad, he's gonna be so pissed that all those older guys are gonna see you like this before he does."

You elbowed her gently which let out a laugh from her. "Please," you said, turning around to face her. Mikasa had grown a lot too, besides her newly cut short hair. She was taller and stronger. In your eyes, she was always like this. Getting older just brought it out more. "Holy shit, Jean is so lucky."