Chapter 13 - Human

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

I wanna pick you up and scoop you out
I want the secrets your secrets haven't found

Will you share your soul with me?
Unzip your skin and let me have a see

Lean for me, and I'll fall back
You'll fit so nicely, you'll keep me intact

I want to give you your grin
So tell me you can't bear a room that I'm not in

Paint me in trust
I'll be your best friend
Call me the one
This night just can't end

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

CW: Manipulative and abusive behaviours

Just as quickly as the new year came, the next semester of school began. There were too many new factors up in the air for you to feel settled and ready to come back. You hadn't spoken to Eren since coming back from Dauper. You hadn't gotten closure on just how much Annie was going to interfere with your life. You hadn't woken a single day without Armin waiting at your front step. The first day back to school was no exception.

"Morning, Y/N!" Armin chimed, a bright smile spreading across his lips. His car was parked on the boulevard, waiting for you. You weren't expecting to get a ride from Armin but the late trend of seeing him every day made you less surprised. You bent over to assist your foot into your boot and by the time you straightened out, Armin was already walking back to his car. The sight of Armin was pleasant, that much was still true, but the rate at which you saw him was beginning to feel suffocating. You locked up your house and followed him into the passenger side.

When you sat, Armin started the car and pulled away from the curb. As he drove, he asked, "So, I was thinking...we should go to Dauper during Spring Break. I heard that's your favourite secret place to go. The weather should be nice by then." You glanced over at Armin, his smile wide across his face. He kept his eyes forward and only turned his head slightly to address you. Clearly, he was pleased with this proposition.

He didn't know about your love for the cold and the snow. You didn't know if you would last that long with him. You nodded your head and gave him a weak, "Yeah, that sounds nice." as you looked out the window.

When you arrived at school, Armin was quick to grab your hand and lead you to your locker. He looked proud, holding you. Maybe there was a point in time where the sight of Armin being with you so publicly would make you happy. Although it didn't exactly spark in the way you had anticipated, you smiled at him anyways.

Your locker was down the same hallway as Eren's since your birthdays were close to each other. It made you nervous about the possibility of seeing him.  You thought back to earlier when you didn't see his truck in the parking lot. The chances were still low. Armin stood next to you as you picked up various textbooks and supplies out of your locker. His presence resembled an overwhelmingly protective bird that gave you less than ideal space to breathe. As you shut the door closed and began to turn to class, Armin took your books out of your arms and laced his fingers with yours.