Chapter 9 - To The Mountains

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

(Yet another song that you simply have to fully listen to)

Oh, I'm headed to the mountains, I'll be back in a week or two
Don't you try to reach me, 'cause I won't pick up for you
I've got some things I need to do

Oh, I'm headed to the mountains, where the air is sweet and new
Don't you try to reach me, 'cause I don't want to talk to you
I've got some thinking to do

I'm trying to let go, I think it could help being alone
And I'm trying not to let you make me cry
I spilled too many tears and I think I deserve
To be alone

And don't you try to reach me, while I pick myself up and go
I've gotta do this on my own, I need to build myself a home

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

It was the beginning of the first week of winter break. It felt like it was only a few hours of you laying in bed, covers over your head and windows pulled all the way closed. The reality was that it had been a few days. Every once in a while, your mom would knock softly and ask you something along the lines of "Are you okay?" or "Have you eaten?" or "Do you want to talk?". You were thankful for her concern but you weren't even sure how you would answer. The worst of her questions had to be, "Armin's on the phone, want to answer?" or even worse, "Eren's at the door, want to see him?" You knew for sure the answer to both of those, it was no.

This particular morning, your mother knocked but didn't stop at the door like she usually would. This time, she walked in and sat at the foot of your bed. "Honey, you should get away for the holiday break. Maybe take a trip to the mountains in Dauper. I got a bonus from work so I can help you book the campsite. Just please get up."

You couldn't help but perk up at her suggestion. Dauper was a small town that resided in the valleys of a mountain range. It was where Sasha was born and you two had bonded over the shared love for the town. The idea of getting lost in nature to clear your thoughts was more than appealing. Your family had always loved taking road trips and camping. Once you were comfortable enough to drive on your own, it became a frequent stop for you.

Your throat felt dry when you finally sat up and muttered the first words you had said out loud in what felt like forever. "Alright, I'll go to the mountains."

It was only a few hours later with a campsite booked and a clear winter sky lining your path away. It had been a few days since the large blizzard and the roads were cleared of piles of snow. You loaded your backpack of warm clothes into the back of your car along with a small but sturdy tent, multiple sleeping bags for layering, and a tote full of camping gear. Camping in the winter wasn't as luxurious as camping in the summer so it was a solo activity that you did often. Even Eren hated the idea.