Chapter 24 - Green Eyes

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

Honey, you are a rock upon which I stand
And I come here to talk, I hope you understand

The green eyes, yeah, the spotlight shines upon you
And how could anybody deny you?

I came here with a load and it feels so much lighter now I met you
And honey, you should know that I could never go on without you
Green eyes

Honey, you are the sea upon which I float
And I came here to talk, I think, you should know

That green eyes, you're the one that I wanted to find
And anyone who tried to deny you must be out of their minds

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

You stood at the end of the driveway, looking out the bend in your street to catch sight of your ride. It had been a month of waking up smitten, waking up happy, waking up in love. Despite how drunk you were at Jean's celebration at the club, you remembered every second of the night. Especially everything that happened afterwards.

Much of your life hadn't changed since you and Eren officially labelled your commitment to each other. You thought that you would be scared to try and make that commitment again. When it came to Eren, everything had built up for so long that you were almost too eager. Although the days were growing longer, time spent with him never felt like enough. You wondered what the younger version of you would think if you told her the happiest you would ever feel was in the arms of that green-eyed boy. You had a feeling that she would believe you wholeheartedly.

You could hear the sound of his rusty truck rolling down the street. Your teasing resentment toward the rusty vehicle changed into fondness, laughing with him every time he'd roll up with a new patch job. You couldn't hide the smile on your face as he stopped at the end of the driveway. You watched as he leaned over the truck bench to pull the tab to unlock your side of the door. He was still leaning over as you slipped inside. It was the perfect chance to give him a quick kiss.

He was smiling like a child against your lips. "You're quite generous with those," he teased, trying to reach you again.

You snorted in his face, pushing his pucked lips away. "Keep your eyes on the road." Eren gave you a faux scoff, as he reached to the side of the steering wheel to shift gears. Your ears were quickly bombarded with the sounds of rattling and humming. The engine was far too loud to play any audible music from the stereo. "I thought you got this thing fixed?!" you practically yelled.

"I dunno!" he called back. "It's kinda been fucked up since I got it back from Dauper." He reached up to pull down the visor to cover the rising sun from his vision. When it was fully opened, it revealed a small, wallet-sized picture pinned on the inside. You got a closer look at it, realizing that it was your high school graduation portrait.