Chapter-2 demon

Aadhya's POV

I am sweating profusely, my legs are shaking, my hands are trembling with fear... I was unable to breathe... still, I am running. I am tripping on my feet in a slippery land of forest... No matter how much I run, I was unable to find a way out. They are nearing me chasing the hell out of me.

I found a small room with dim light not far. I ran in to that room and locked the door, praying they don't find me but all my prayers turned to deaf ears as always when they reached me.

They are banging the door making loud noise.

My heart is thumping like it will explode anytime soon. I put a chair and a rod to stop the door from opening, nevertheless that door opened making a screech sound and there stood a man who ruined me.

I wake up with a jerk and looked at my surroundings. I am on my bed and the sun light which is emitting from window saying it's already morning. The files and laptop on my bed indicating that I was asleep while working. And one more thing is that someone really banging the door of my room.

"Open the door, Aadhya", I heard Anshu's voice.

With thumping heart and trembling feet, I went to open the door. I carefully opened the door and there stood Anshu and Rose in all their glory. I took a sigh of relief after looking them, realising it's just a dream what I saw earlier. It felt true.

As soon as I opened the door, Rose ran in to my room and climbed my bed with her teddy on her hands.

"Why did it take so long to open the door? ", Anshu asked.

"I was sleeping ", I said but my voice came as a mere whisper.

"What happened? Why are you sweating this much? ", she asked tensely, sensing my nervousness.

"Nothing ", I mumbled.

"Nightmare again ", she questioned and I sighed nodding my head.
Without saying anything, she just hugged me.

"It's ok Aadhya. We are here, no one can reach you now", she patted my back assuring me that I am safe.

I hugged her feeling safe. After five minutes, my heart calmed and my sweating stopped.
"It's getting late, get ready. I will help Rose to get ready for the school", Anshu said.

"Mom, today I will get ready here only", Rose commented.

"Ok baby, I will bring your dress", Anshu said and went out.

"I am going to take bath, be careful until mom comes", I said to Rose and went to washroom to take bath.

I brushed my teeth first then checked all the edges of the bathroom before undressing myself to take shower.

I walked out of the washroom wearing a robe, after fifteen minutes.
Anshu dressing up Rose. I quickly took a glance at her before going in to walk-in closet.
I wore one of my black suits as always. Tied my hair in a pony, put my watch and small earrings.

"Mumma, you are beautiful", Rose chirped as soon as she saw me.

"You are also pretty, Rose", I said and kissed her cheeks as she giggled.
After that we had our breakfast then we both dropped Rose at her school before going to office.

"Bye mam, I will come to you when I am free", Anshu said playfully when the elevator reached her floor.

"Bye", I replied with a smile.

After three minutes, I reached my floor. The top floor is for CEO and the secretary people.
As soon as I stepped out of the elevator, all the people came to me with bouquets.