Chapter- 13 Motivation

Diya, aka Aadhya's POV

I didn't remember when the last time I ate was. My stomach was growling with hunger, my eyelids were falling, my throat went dry, my legs were shaking, and my wounds were still aching like hell. 

I kept on running. I don't want them to catch me and ruin me again. I don't even know how I am still breathing; I feel like dying.

I ran till the next night without stopping, and they also ran behind me. I ran into the railway station and boarded a running train. When they reached the station, the train had already moved.

I took a sigh of relief and walked in, trying to find a seat to sit in as my legs were sour after running so much. I was panting heavily and feeling dizzy, but no one was ready to give me a seat beside them after looking at my attire.

I looked down at myself. My clothes were torn and full of mud and bloodstains. My body had many wounds, my eyes were swollen, and my lips were stained with dried blood. I was just looking like an alien. For people, appearance matters more.

I was about to sit down at the door as my legs were on the verge of giving up, but a girl who may be 18 gave me her seat. She was wearing a white dress and looking cute with her hair bangs.

"You sit here, sister," she said as she stood up. I nodded negatively.

"It's ok, sister, I will stand," she said, forcing me onto the seat. As soon as I sat on her seat, the remaining people on that seat stood up, looking at me weirdly. But that girl glared at them, and then they immediately turned their faces to the other side while sitting on the seat, leaving some space between them.

I can't find my voice to thank her, as all my energy was drained from running.

She was about to say something, but her phone ring stopped her.

After half an hour, the train stopped, and I got down from the train and sat on a bench in the railway station, not knowing where to go. I was unable to walk anymore; I was hungry and feeling dizzy.

Suddenly, the girl in white, who had given me her seat, came to me and gave me her coat and a water bottle. She then took a sandwich from her backpack and gave it to me. I don't understand why she is giving me all these.

"Keep this with you. I wanted to talk to you, but I am getting late, so if you will be here, then hear me from there," she said, pointing at the speaker, which is playing a song from the radio.

"Bye, take care," she said, boarded the local train, and left just like that.

I think this is a fortune. My stomach grumbled looking at the food. I wore her coat first and then drank water. I opened the cover and ate the sandwich as fast as I could, as I was starving. Tears slipped from my eyes. I used to be a girl like her, but they made me like this.

I washed my face after eating and sat there like a statue, thinking about what had happened to my happy life. 

If I think correctly now, I was never happy. I was always a girl who had a sad life, but I used to search for happiness in little things, but now I am a pathetic woman who doesn't have a place to sleep and doesn't even have food to eat. They made me unable to find that little happiness in anything.

Tears were flowing from my eyes endlessly.

After half an hour, the program changed on the radio.

"Hello guys, welcome back to my show 'Words from Heart', and this is RJ Naina, on air; you are listening to 95.5 Radio". I heard from the speaker. So, she is RJ Naina, I mumbled.

"You can call me and share your feelings, and you can give messages to anyone through my show, as you know."

"So today, I want to give a message to the person I saw in a railway station."