Chapter- 18 Revenge

Aadhya's POV

Present day (continuation of chapter 2)

"It's because of her dress."
"If she dresses like this, then which man can control himself?"
"Women have to dress properly when they come out to do their jobs."
"This is what happens when your dress reveals your skin."
"She smiles a lot; that's why he took it as a hint."
"Just why does she need to work when her husband earns enough?"
"If she doesn't want this to happen, then she would have been within her boundaries."
"Women have to be careful with their dress and behavior."
"Women don't have to work."

"Woman, woman, woman."

I woke up covering my ears in order to stop those whisperings.

I looked at the watch, and it's still 2 a.m.—too early to wake up.

I closed my eyes again to sleep after drinking some water, but I am hearing those whispers whenever I close my eyes.

Woman has to do this; woman can't do that; woman, woman, woman... Fuck this society and stereotypes.

But I am not a woman anymore.

I am the death of the man who almost killed me.
I am a nightmare of the man who gave me these sleepless nights...
I am a devil for the man who killed my unborn child...
I am evil for the people who destroyed me...
And I will be the doom for the people who want to ruin me...

They made me a demon. Now, I can't become an angel anymore, not even a human.

.

.

.

Now, I have to start my revenge plan. I bought the AR interiors, and today is the day I am going there as a boss.

I walked into the AR interiors with Shilpa and Anshu.

Just how fast a night changes. Five years ago, I used to come here as an employee, and now I am the boss.

I went in through the curious and judging gazes of all the employees. I found that Mira looked horrified at me and tried to come to me, but Shilpa stopped her.

I went to the chairman's office directly; the previous chairman greeted me as he led me to my office, previously his.

Anshu sat on the couch while I took the boss chair. The ex-boss sat in front of me to report all the work before he left.

"Ok miss. Aadhya, I will take my leave  now," he said, standing up to leave.

"Ok,"  I replied.

I just joined my hands in a namaskar sign when he stretched his hand for a handshake. He smiled awkwardly and walked out.

"Why was I dismissed?" Anurag questioned the previous chairman, aka his father-in-law, at the door, and I could hear him.
"And why was I demoted, sir?" It was Vikram who asked.

"It's not me but the new owner who dismissed you and demoted you. You have to ask her," he said, leaving directly.

They both came in furiously without even knocking on the door. I am reading a file with my back facing them.

"Miss. Aadhya, why did you dismiss me?" Anurag questioned me. I think he knew my name but didn't know who I was. 

Vikram stood silently.

"Because I don't like your working nature," I replied, still with my back facing them.

"You didn't even know how I work," he exclaimed.