Chapter- 16 CEO

Anshu's POV

Finally, Aadhya did it. We all opened a new company called Golden Leaf two years ago. First, we started it as an interior design company, but later we started investing in other projects and companies. As I majored in finance, I am looking after all financial details, so my designation is financial manager. Aadhya is the managing director, and Dad is the CEO and chairperson of the company.

We also opened Anshu Interiors again as a subsidiary company for Golden Leaf. Aadhya worked very hard to develop this company. She manages the company and still works as a designer.

Now this company is stable, with board members and many staff working under us. Professionally, she succeeded. Of course, she still has many things to achieve, but what she has achieved is not something small.

I wanted our Rose to become like Aadhya. Yeah, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, and like Aadhya wished, we named her Rose.

Aadhya never allows anyone to touch Rose. She always takes her with her, or else she leaves her with me. She says either Rose has to be with me or with her; if we are both busy, then with our father. She never trusts others with Rose's safety. I know she is overly protective, but I know why she is behaving like that. She doesn't want Rose to become another Diya.

But really, she is the strongest woman I have ever seen. After what happened in Aadhya's life, I never thought that she would become normal. I know her heart still hurts, but her achievements and firm attitude really mesmerize me.

I have seen her struggling to sleep at night, and she flinches every time someone tries to touch her. Her fear and trauma didn't leave her alone; she is getting treatment for depression and anxiety. She still gets panic attacks every now and then.

Even after many betrayals and accusations, she stood up for herself, whereas I wanted to kill myself just for one betrayal. I am really thankful to her for saving me and our rose.

I want our Rose to be strong and smart like Aadhya. Yeah, I adore Aadhya that much. If I were a man, then I would have married her.

"Anshu, are you ready for the meeting?"  Aadhya asked, coming to my office with the sleeping Rose in her arms.

"Yeah,"  I replied, and I pointed at the couch, asking her to sit.
"Are you feeling nervous?" I asked her after we both settled down on the couch.

"Little bit, but I am ok," she said, giving me a small smile, and I know that smile of hers is just for outside.

Today, dad is going to propose Aadhya as CEO to the board, so she is a little bit nervous. We chatted for a while and stood up to leave for the meeting when it was time.

"Give her to Shilpa; she will take care of her as we all have a meeting," I said as she was carrying sleeping Rose to the meeting room too.

Shilpa is Aadhya's assistant. She is also a woman who was the victim of abuse from her stepmother.

"Hmm,"  she hummed in response.

Aadhya put Rose on the couch in the meeting room, covered her with her small blanket, and made Shilpa sit on the couch to guard Rose.

Rose has to be in front of us.

Soon all the board members arrived, and the meeting started. First of all, they discussed business and the new projects that Aadhya had earned for the company.

"So, I am proposing Aadhya as the new CEO of the company,"  dad stated.

"I disagree,"  one of the board members said immediately, and all of them showed support for the one who disagreed.