Chapter- 3 past

Note: From this chapter onwards, her past and I will notify you once it completes.

***

Diya aka Aadhya's POV

"Hey, Diya, come fast, I will wait for you at the entrance of our school", my best friend Mira said on the call.

"Ok, Mira", I replied and disconnected the call.

After taking a shower and getting ready wearing a black skirt with a light pink colour blouse, I walked out of my room, only to get scolded by my mother.

"Diya, why you are you wearing a skirt again? I said you, don't show off your legs", she roared.

"Mom, what's wrong with this dress and I am not showing off", I replied. Only two inches of my legs are visible, still, she nags me for wearing skirts.

"Don't talk back to your mother", my dad hissed.

"Sorry", I apologised and sat at the dining table to have breakfast.

We had our breakfast silently, just like every day, and then I did the dishes.

I took my backpack and walked out of the house. Taking a bus, I went to our school. I am in class twelve and today is the day of our results so, all the students are tense. I walked in and met Mira in the corridor.

"They said results will be out in 10 minutes", she said and I nodded.

"Don't be tensed Mira, it will be ok", I said holding her shivering hands. Mira was my best friend from childhood and I hope we will be like this forever.

As we were talking, a hand wrapped around my shoulder and I recognised him even before looking at him. It was Rohith, my boyfriend.

We are childhood sweethearts; we grew up together and now we are in a relationship.

One year back when I was seventeen, he asked me to be his girlfriend and I accepted immediately as I already have feelings for him.

Soon results were out and we rushed to the notice board. My name was on the top as I passed in first class. Mira and Rohith also checked their results, and we three came out from the crowd.

"Congratulations, Diya", Rohith hugged me.

"Thank you", I replied to him and looked at Mira, who was looking somewhat upset.

"What happened, Mira?", I asked her.

"Nothing Diya", she shrugged off and congratulated me with a bear hug.

I thought she was upset because she got fewer marks but that was my first mistake to think like that.

After that, we three went to a nearby café to celebrate completing our school successfully.
Mira doesn't have a boyfriend so I always tag her along with us so that she doesn't feel left out, but that was my second mistake.

"So, what's next? What are your plans?", Mira asked.

"I want to become an interior designer so I am going to take the entrance test", I replied, and she looked at Rohith asking him.

"I am going to take the entrance test for engineering", he replied.

"What about you then?", I asked her and at the same time my phone rang and it was my brother who was calling me.

I excused myself to take the call.
"Bring me a burger when you come home", he ordered as soon as I pick up the call.

"But Prashanth, I don't have money", I replied.